Not all cats should be taken to a vet
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:55 am
    ----
In the bush? For seasonings? Yup...That's what I would do in the bush...Look for seasonings...

Last edited by Bushmaster on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm
    ----
If you've already been taught what they are, you don't have to look very hard, they're all around. I've been shown plenty of healthy vegetables and vegetable alternatives, spices, herbs, medicinal herbs etcetera, but the woman that taught me those things only knew the Cree names, so that's how I know them. If you're camping in the right season it usually only takes a few minutes to find them.

#18: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:37 pm
    ----
Tracker,

Post the Cree names I'm sure I can figure out what they really are with some research. Wink

Dimitri

#19: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:44 pm
    ----
keetoowah wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
keetoowah wrote:
squirrels are evil. evil i say muahahahahahha

I have found a remedy for the evil tree rats...er, ah squirrels....

About 8 hrs in a slow cooker with a chicken base, some potato, carrot, and celery chunks, followed by a skeletal extraction, and a quick return to the slow cooker with the "magic" spices (garlic salt, fresh ground pepper, a bit of parsley, and a bay leaf). It usually serves to remove the evil, and renders them quite palatable....

and a touch of fennel or fennegreek and it will kick up all the spices a bit. dont forget to have it served with homemade rolls with garlic butter, mild salad with a home dressing. Dutch apple pie while still warm a scope of madagascar bean vanilla ice cream, or at least a peach cobbler with french vanilla.
sWith squirrel probably a sauvignon or a merlot from one of the fine vineyards in South Australia.

Now ya went and got me hungry...

I should paste that entire meal into the recipe section

#20: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:43 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
ElyBoy wrote:
I've helped many cats get better.
Dr. Eric just puts a will placed shot right between their eyes. Very Happy Eric

I give them an injection.......a dose of lead "injected" at 2000+ fps. Very Happy

Good medicine for a feral cat. Laughing Razz

Cheers, Vince

Feral Cat Medicine Recipe

OPTION A

55 grains of copper plated lead in a .243" package
launch at around 3900 fps with a well placed shot

OPTION B

40 grains of copper plated lead in a .224" package
send downrange @ 4150 fps with a true aim

either one will do the trick...

#21: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:25 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
In the bush? For seasnoings? Yup...That's what I would do in the bush...Look for seasonings...

Seasonings Tracker???? Okay mate, whatever you want to call it.

Hug No No! Jaw Drop Embarassed Censored Very Happy

Haha

Cheers, Vince

#22: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:22 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Tracker,

Post the Cree names I'm sure I can figure out what they really are with some research. Wink

Dimitri

Since the names translated would still have no relation to the European names and since there's not really a correct way to spell any Indian language words in English (not the same alphabet! they didn't put Cree syllabics on my keyboard wtf ) you'd probably be better off to look up a book or web page with the same information in English. I've seen a few good ones out there.

#23: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:36 am
    ----
Tracker,

I didn't mean literal translations of the names. Razz

Dimitri

#24: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 am
    ----
That's what I'm trying to say, Dimitri, that's all I could come up with and it wouldn't bear any relevance. I'd have to be out there with someone and show them. The amount of research would be pretty difficult, I do a lot of that kind of research in my day to day and some things really don't translate, other things lose meaning etcetera. There are good field guides available if a person has an interest in those things.

If you want a good survival guide for living in different environments, the US Navy used to have a heck of a good one for their pilots. It was about the size of two Bibles mind you. I bet I know one other guy here who would probably recommend it, Very Happy

#25: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:21 am
    ----
Tracker,

I got a few survival manuals here, and I even made my own. But was wondering what you used a spices yourself thats all. Smile

Dimitri

#26: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08 am
    ----
Dimitiri, you know the area that you're going out in probably has more good plants for that kind of thing than where I'm accustomed to, because of the longer growing season, check withe some herbalists.

Vince: yeah....never mind Embarassed Very Happy

#27: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:55 pm
    ----
Wow wow wow

Its a Canadian thang, here I thought it was just you love.
Hard spirited, bull headed, stubborn, cocky through and through the both of you.(Tracker & Dimitri)

Dimitri give it up pup, and get back on the porch.
Seasonings from the bush are a woman's thing traditionally.
You can look in encyclopedia of botany if you really want to know or go to an herbalist like he said.

#28: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:12 pm
    ----
I'm not trying to hide trade secrets here. If you want to tour northern Manitoba with me some time 'Mitri, I'll say that one..that one...not that one...etc etc. that's the way I learned them.

#29: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:50 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
Since the names translated would still have no relation to the European names and since there's not really a correct way to spell any Indian language words in English (not the same alphabet! they didn't put Cree syllabics on my keyboard wtf )

Here ya go Tracks old mate. A link that gives you the opportunity to put free Cree Fonts on your computer. Have a look about halfway down the page...it has a link to free Cree Fonts.

Cree Syllabics

Good luck with it mate.

Cheers, Vince

#30: Re: Not all cats should be taken to a vet Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
I'm not trying to hide trade secrets here. If you want to tour northern Manitoba with me some time 'Mitri, I'll say that one..that one...not that one...etc etc. that's the way I learned them.

Might just take you up on that sometime in the future. Very Happy

Dimitri

-> General