Speer 160gr, .38 cal.
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Speer 160gr, .38 cal. Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:25 am
    ----
Does anyone have any Speer .38 cal. 160gr SJSP/SWC,s? Speer discontinued them and I like the performance out of my .357. They group nice with good penetration and real good expansion. Pistol Shooting

#2: Re: Speer 160gr, .38 cal. Author: res45Location: China Grove North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 am
    ----
Hello d that bullet along with the 146 Gr. version are just impossible to find anymore. I have never tried the 160 version but my 357 loves the 146 but sadly to say nobody seem to have those in stock anymore either. I shoot cast bullets about all the time now there economical and very accurate plus the sharp edge of the SWC cuts an nice clean hold. Here is a page with most of the choices you probably have now good luck finding a replacement bullet you like I know its a pain changing over to something new. I think maybe the Magtech or Remington SP would be good or either the new Speer Uni-Cor might work if you wanted to stay with jacketed bullets.

#3: Re: Speer 160gr, .38 cal. Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 am
    ----
Dave,
Is that the old 357 bullet that looks like the Speer 44 mag 1/2 jacketed SWC?
Ed

-> Reloading Ammunition