people in manitoba
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: people in manitoba Author: thedogoLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 pm
    ----
i'd like to know is there is people around manitoba, specially Winnipeg, who practice big game hunting..
sorry about the english.

regards,
Ivan

#2: Re: people in manitoba Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 pm
    ----
Welcome to the forums! Howdy

Dimitri

#3: Re: people in manitoba Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:17 pm
    ----
Welcome Ivan.

You are in Duck Heaven.
Don't worry about the big game around you.
Head anywhere west of you.
Oak Hammock is only 25mi, and Portage La Prairie is only 60mi west.
GREAT Hunting.
You will have to head far North Manitoba for the big game.
Lucky you if you do.
You can get a cheap license.
Me being from the U.S. has to jump through hoops and pay big money to do it.
I always figured that if I would move from Northern Minnesota, it would be to Manitoba, and I wouldn't look back.
Marriage kind of changes a guys plans a little.

Eric

#4: Re: people in manitoba Author: thedogoLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:44 pm
    ----
thanks for the welcome!
i would like to hunt with dogs and knife
i belive i can hunt everything down with these dogs, and i'm looking for people around here interested on these hunting style.
i don't know how to put a picture here to show what i mean.-

Iván

#5: Re: people in manitoba Author: WeinbenderLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:27 am
    ----
Hey Ivan i live just 60 miles south of Winnipeg, me and my dad mostly go duck and goose hunting but when i get my FAC in 2 weeks i will start hunting big game. i am not too sure about the big game regulations but are u sure that ur aloud to hung big game with dogs in mantoba? i think you are only alkowed to use them for waterfowl hunting but ill check.

Ivan since u said ur english is bad and ur name is Ivan i am guessing ur from Russia/Kazachztan or Ukraine etc. i am half russian, i understand russian and my parents always speak russian with us at home. i would recomend for u if u havent hunter before to fist start with the little stuff and work urself up until u have enough experience.

Weinbender

#6: Re: people in manitoba Author: WeinbenderLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 am
    ----
Hey Ivan i live just 60 miles south of Winnipeg, me and my dad mostly go duck and goose hunting but when i get my FAC in 2 weeks i will start hunting big game. i am not too sure about the big game regulations but are u sure that ur aloud to hung big game with dogs in mantoba? i think you are only alkowed to use them for waterfowl hunting but ill check.

Ivan since u said ur english is bad and ur name is Ivan i am guessing ur from Russia/Kazachztan or Ukraine etc. i am half russian, i understand russian and my parents always speak russian with us at home. i would recomend for u if u havent hunter before to fist start with the little stuff and work urself up until u have enough experience.

Weinbender

#7: Re: people in manitoba Author: thedogoLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:25 pm
    ----
hi Weinbender, I'm from Argentina, (but the name in fact is Russian) I know it is not allowed here, but if you know anywhere close to here to hunt like this, i will apreciate if you can let me know.-
I'm bringing 3 more Argentinean Dogos and if I can't hunt with dogs here i'll do it on the States, (there it is legal), i like hunting with Argentinean Dogos and knife, i never tried hunting with guns.-

regards,

Iván

#8: Re: people in manitoba Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:45 pm
    ----
thedogo wrote:
i like hunting with Argentinean Dogos and knife, i never tried hunting with guns.-regards, Iván

Gidday Ivan, welcome to HuntingNut. I like the look of the Argentinean Dogos....very nice looking dog. I used to have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Similar in size to your dogs but not as solid or stocky.

Hunting with dogs is something that is done fairly regularly here in Australia....but hunting with dogs and a knife takes HUGE cojones mate....bigger than I've got. Laughing Laughing I've known guys to hunt with dogs, a knife and a javelin, but not a knife on its own.

Good luck with your plans mate...sounds exciting.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: people in manitoba Author: WeinbenderLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:52 pm
    ----
thedogo wrote:
hi Weinbender, I'm from Argentina, (but the name in fact is Russian) I know it is not allowed here, but if you know anywhere close to here to hunt like this, i will apreciate if you can let me know.-
I'm bringing 3 more Argentinean Dogos and if I can't hunt with dogs here i'll do it on the States, (there it is legal), i like hunting with Argentinean Dogos and knife, i never tried hunting with guns.-

regards,

Iván

depends what u want to hunt, but if u sreally want to hunt with dogs then i would recommend either north dakota or minnisota, theyre the closest us states from winnipeg!

good luck!

#10: Re: people in manitoba Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:01 pm
    ----
Any of you gentlemen want to hunt in Minnesota just let me know.
I have places to hunt and room in the house for guests.
My pleasure.

Eric

#11: Re: people in manitoba Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
Well, I expect to be going up north moose hunting in the next week or two. I'm not sure what you want to hunt with a knife, partner, but good luck. Using dogs is definitely illegal here. If you're in Winnipeg you're plenty close to a lot of good deer hunting areas, the season opens first week of December.

#12: Re: people in manitoba Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
and thanks Eric!

#13: Re: people in manitoba Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:24 pm
    ----
No problem Tracker. You have an open invitation.

Eric

#14: Re: people in manitoba Author: thedogoLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
thanks,
I'm expecting to hunt wild board, but I think I can hunt anything with theses dogs.-
Vince, hunting with dogs is very exciting, I'm going for 3 weeks to my homecountry Argentina in 2 months just for hunting.-
I've heard is a lot of big game hunting in Australia and they use dogos.-
Tracker, moose sounds exciting, to bad I can't do it with dogs in Manitoba, but I think 2 dogs or 3 should be enough.-

Iván

#15: Re: people in manitoba Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:03 pm
    ----
thedogo wrote:
Vince, hunting with dogs is very exciting, I'm going for 3 weeks to my homecountry Argentina in 2 months just for hunting.-
I've heard is a lot of big game hunting in Australia and they use dogos.-
Iván

Gidday Ivan......not really what you would call big game hunting in Australia. Most of the dog hunting is for wild pigs. Have a look at this link:

Australian Pig Hunting

There are also some posts in the Photos Section of Argentinian pigs.

Cheers, Vince

-> Big Game Hunting