Priming Tools - What are you using
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
I use a newer model RCBS hand priming tool, in addition to my Lee hand priming tool. Both work very well.

#17: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:18 am
    ----
wildswalker wrote:
Slinger.....

Was that Remmy brass by chance? Had some do that with me in 300 Ultra.

One firing and it was junk..................

It was nickle plated .357 Mag brass, can't recall the manufacturer. I also found that it tended to split.

#18: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:19 am
    ----
wildswalker wrote:
Slinger.....

Was that Remmy brass by chance? Had some do that with me in 300 Ultra.

One firing and it was junk..................

It was nickle plated .357 Mag brass, can't recall the manufacturer. I also found that it tended to split.

#19: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:56 pm
    ----
Dillon 550B, Lee hand prime, I like the feel of the LEE for seating Benchrest primers.

#20: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:02 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

For those who might not have seen my priming system. Here it is again. Lee priming die and primer dispenser (Lee Auto Prime II mounted on a Lee single stage press).

Hey Bushy,
nice setup..
how far is the stroke to prime?
is it sort of push a bit and it is done, or do you have to swing the arm all the way down to seat the primer?

Tha

Gelan

#21: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:03 pm
    ----
Hi mr. bushmaster. Very clean setup ya got there. Like the way it's organized. Nice indead. Dave

#22: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 am
    ----
gelandangan...You have to go through a full stroke, but that is where the ability to "feel" the primer seat comes in. I've never really found this to be a problem. Probably because I'm just not in a hurry.

Thanks guys. It took several years to figure out what arangement worked (for me) and what didn't. My bench is rather simple, but convienant (for me)...It's a bit cluttered here, but....

#23: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:34 am
    ----
Hey, that's clean compared to my brother in law's table . the guy leaves assorted bullets,powder and primers on the bench. Me, I only have 1 caliber components at a time on the bench. After reloading the rounds, all gets put away. Voela, clean bench. Just my .035 worth. Dave Very Happy

#24: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:38 am
    ----
I had just completed a loading session and most everything has been put away when this was taken. I do the same thing. Only one calibre on the bench at a time. Until the powder is returned to the canister, the canister stays just in front of the loading press. I never leave powder in the dispenser after a session.

#25: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 am
    ----
Wow! Is that a closet Bushy? Its awful small. otherwise its very nice set up.

#26: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:27 am
    ----
No...Not a closet...A small room all to myself. It has only one drawback. It's a long way from the refrigerator...But it does have a closet in this small room that I call my Gun/Reloading Room

#27: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:40 am
    ----
Grrrr...Would except both photos soo here's the other end of the room.

#28: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 am
    ----
Im very clostraphobic Sad in a ver big way, so I could not be in there to long. Its a nice neat set up though.
Mine is a 12X20 insulated, heated, airconditioned workshop seperate from the house because of powder/primer precautions.
WOW you have your own photo hangin in your reloading room. Confused
Is that a 1022 in the corner by the door?

#29: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am
    ----
Crackshot,

If you look closely its the same picture he took his mug shot for his display picture off too! Wink

Mind you I noticed first on that gunsafe it has a red sticker that says "LOCKED" on it. Laughing

Dimitri

#30: Re: Priming Tools - What are you using Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
It's a 9' X 9' room with a closet.

Photo of me in my room? Why yes...I know I've mentioned it on here before that I was a conceited arrigant egotistical bast**d. Didn't I??

Yup... That's a Ruger 10/22 in the corner. I have two loaded magazines standing by. I use it for farel cats, armodillas, raccoons, stray dogs, opossums and any other two and four legged pests that enter my property uninvited.

Dimitri...That is a magnetic strip that has "OPEN" on the other side. It's my reminder...

-> Reloading Ammunition