The one(s) that got away....
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: The one(s) that got away.... Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----
Folks,
Have any of you good folks had to pass up buying a gun that later upon reflection just tore you up with remorse? It has happened to me. Some years ago when money was tight, I had to pass up a lovely German commercial '98 Mauser sporter in 8mm with double set triggers because I did not have $75.00. I also did not buy a mint U.S. Johnson Automatic Rifle in .30-06 from WWII since $50 was beyond me. Finally, I missed out on a broomhandle Mauser pistol when I could not come up with $24.95 plus shipping. What got away from you good folks? All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:23 am
    ----
Passed up a good deal last fall on a Marlin 38-55. It was nearly new. I should be shooting it right now. That won't happen again.-tr

#3: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:10 pm
    ----
Several years back at a local gun show I had a brand new Marlin 1894 chambered in .218 Bee in my hand, with the money in the other hand. After careful deliberation I put the gun back. I was kicking myself in the butt almost from the minute I left the show and have ever since!

#4: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:23 pm
    ----
Winchester 1873, but have since learned that it was not a good investment due to parts replacements. Now, I have a question. Has anyone seen anything on a new bill to take guns away from our vets???? Supposedly coming from McCarthy from New York.

Last edited by vint2 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:19 am
    ----
Yup...Those suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. You know...That mental condition that does not exist...

#6: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 am
    ----
For the radical left any excuse is workable, no matter how assinine or unreal!!!! Mad Mad

#7: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:41 pm
    ----
T/C in 308win saw it in the gun show here in Sydney a few years back. At teh time, I wasn't much into single shots stuff, so I pass it for a Remington 788 instead.

Now, I've sold the remington because it doesnt have the err.. " x-factor ?" and wish that I bought the T/C instead.. Sad

Then again.. its story of my life.. I could have married my old girlfriend instead.... Err.. Embarassed

#8: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
Gelan, your old girlfriend might have put you into a real pickle!!!! Smile

#9: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:31 am
    ----
It has happened to me. Since then, I have tried very hard not to ever let it happen again. Take care...
Joe

#10: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: con10der PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:48 pm
    ----
Soon after i was married and with our first child on the way,money was very tight.I was working my way through nursing school by tending bar at night.On one particular evening a lawyer friend of mine came in to relieve some stress after a long day in court.He was telling me that one of his clients had paid for some services with a brand new Ruger No 1 chambered in 300 win mag.this man (the lawyer) had more guns than gander mountain so he tells me he really had no need for this rifle and he would sell it to me for 200 dollars.I tried to calculate bills then recalculate,but no matter what i could'nt find 200 dollars so i had to pass.Soon after this encounter my lawyer friend passed away and then i really wished i had bought the gun..win some lose some,i happened to lose this one
jim

#11: Re: The one(s) that got away.... Author: Arizona Hunter PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
Although I reay love bolt actions, I still have a fondness for a Marlin in .356 Win. Came across one several years ago but I didn't have the $400 the place wanted Shocked

Also, a friend sold me a Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag...then I sold it back to him a year later Sad I guess he felt the same way I do now.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions