ElyBoy's reloading room (pics)
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: waterfowladdict PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:41 pm
    ----

#2: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:53 pm
    ----
I think your dad needs a bigger room! Very Happy

Dimitri

#3: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:04 pm
    ----
and to get rid of the Jim Shockey plug....

#4: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 pm
    ----
hey Ben,

You might wanna straighten out the first and fifth pics.....

I thought Eric might be loading in the twilight zone at first...

#5: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:31 pm
    ----
I have a fridge in my reloading room and it's full of pop, not booze, but I was thinking the same thing myself Hunterjoe when I saw the pics. Very Happy

Dimitri, the room is about 10'x20' with a double sink in it along with all of my reloading set ups.
As a woodworker, I did all of the pine cabinets, along with the upside down shooting box that I use for Bullseye. Anytime that I need more cabinets, I hit the shop and make a new one.

I'll try to get some better pictures up when I figure out how to do it.
We have a Mac OSX 10.5.1 Version Dimitri, so I don't think that you can help on this, or I would have asked you before about posting pics.

Eric

#6: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:41 pm
    ----
Eric,

If you send me the pictures through my email I can modify them for you to be right side up and the like.

As for the room size it may be 10'x20' but its still getting pretty crammed in there it looks like. So yes you need a bigger reloading room. Laughing

Dimitri

#7: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: jsmurphyLocation: Lake Stevens, WA PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 pm
    ----
I think i did see one little spot someplace on one of the pictures that you could squeeze another gun in there, so ya better run out and buy another. Very Happy Very Happy

#8: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:54 pm
    ----
Eric,

But you have done an amazing job of organizing what you have...

I especially like the "penny candy" style bins for frequently used brass...

Inspiring....

#9: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:58 pm
    ----
and your digital scale/powder trickler base is nearly identical to mine...

#10: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 pm
    ----
As you look into the room, on the right side I have the fridge, double sink, and a fish fillet board.
Everybody says that it looks like a brass collector's dream, which it is. I have a thing on collecting brass.
I also am anal about having everything labeled, and separated so there is very little chance of messing up on different loads.
I reload for all of my firearms. The only firearm of mine that has seen factory ammo is my Model 71 .348 Winchester.
Along with the Gun Club, my reloading room is an oasis to get away from things.
My kids like to watch TV in there for the same reasons.

Dimitri, I will see if I can get Ben to email the photos to you.

Eric

#11: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
WOW!!!

Are you currently a bachelor Eric?

My wife would NEVER let me decorate a room like such here..
Besides the fact that in the Great Land Of Oz rifles and pistols are to be stored in a safe at all times...
But YAH!! Nice setup..

Now, please tell me.. what a fish fillet board do in a RELOADING room?

#12: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:14 pm
    ----
My Wife is a Saint, and doesn't mind this room at all, and was never around guns until she met me. I'm not a "cowboy", and have always taught safety while using firearms.
I have taught all of my kids how to reload shotgun shells, and this room doubles as a cleaning room for fish, and when it gets too cold out, waterfowl, and deer.
I also have at last count around 25 mounts in our basement and reloading room.
The guns are out in the open because we live in the country with very little crime.
I have taught our kids firearms safety starting at 3 years old.
Each of our kids could name all the parts of a rifle at the age of 4, and use a duck call starting at 3. Proficient at calling ducks at 5 years old.

In Minnesota, all the people who live in the country, pretty much hunt, shoot, and fish.
The odd ball person is the one who doesn't have guns, and doesn't shoot.

Eric

#13: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:14 am
    ----
WOW!!! What a mess!!! I'll be more then happy to come over and help you clean that room out...Aah...Sorry...I mean up.... Very Happy

#14: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:30 pm
    ----
Now we gotta keep an eye at Bushy too..
Apparently, he is joining the ranks of the GUN GRABBERS!!! Yuck

#15: Re: ElyBoy's reloading room (pics) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am
    ----
ROFL I don't think so... ROFL

-> General