Take this test..
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:22 pm
    ----
Well I for one would like to see capital punishment returned in Canada and they should install an express lane here as well. wtf I would be willing to bet that capital punishment does deter crime............... wtf

#32: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:25 pm
    ----
Canada USED to have all of these punishable by Capital Punishment:

Murder,
Rape,
Treason,
Administering poison or wounding with intent to commit murder,
Unlawfully abusing a girl under ten,
Buggery with man or beast,
Robbery with wounding,
Burglary with assault,
Arson,
Casting away a ship,
Exhibiting a false signal endangering a ship.

I'd love to see that list back on as the crimes that are punished by Capital Punishment.

Dimitri

#33: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm
    ----
The proof is in the fact that crime still exists in areas with capital punishment!!

#34: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:
The proof is in the fact that crime still exists in areas with capital punishment!!

Not very good proof when crime exists every where. It's like saying registering guns eliminates gun crime ................. !!!!!!!! Give your head a shake.

Last edited by 1895ss on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#35: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:32 pm
    ----
Crime will always exist, the whole reasoning and point behind capital punishment is to prevent a person from harming others again.

People don't change, if they murdered one person for 15$ they'll do it again.

Dimitri

#36: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 pm
    ----
10-4 big D

#37: Re: Take this test.. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:49 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:

The problem is that the criminals have more rights than the victim, even in a capital murder case. When it takes 24 years to put a convicted cult leader, who killed an entire family, to death, it's hardly a deterrant. Take 'em from the defendant's chair straight to the electric chair and see what impact THAT has on murder rates. Televise it too.

Last edited by hunterjoe21 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#38: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:52 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:

The problem is that the criminals have more rights than the victim, even in a capital murder case. When it takes 24 years to put a convicted cult leader who killed an entire family to death, it's hardly a deterrant. Take 'em from the defendant's chair straight to the electric chair and see what impact THAT has on murder rates. Televise it too.

Isn't that the truth, I agree.

#39: Re: Take this test.. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:58 pm
    ----
We may want to tread lightly on this subject. I'm really not sure if we strayed from the original intent or not, I just don't wanna end up with another locked thread.

#40: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:59 pm
    ----
Good point Joe!

Dimitri

#41: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:00 pm
    ----
Yep you are correct .............. !! Smile

#42: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:52 pm
    ----
The point is made and I stand by it! Give your head a shake and realize that the only deterent to crime is respect for the law!!! Criminals do not expect to be caught or they would not be felonious!

#43: Re: Take this test.. Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
But like "Mitri says, they would only need to be caught once. Smile

#44: Re: Take this test.. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:
The point is made and I stand by it! Give your head a shake and realize that the only deterent to crime is respect for the law!!! Criminals do not expect to be caught or they would not be felonious!

And how do you intend to teach your "respect for the law"?

If there is NO punishment, there is nothing to respect.

Let's hold a "Respect The Law" seminar, that'll teach them darn law breakin' rascals to straighten up. Especially them mistake prone murderin' types. Give the FTH hippie a chance to rehab 'em. A good talkin' too should do the trick. Too bad my law abiding Police Officer friend he killed didn't have the same chance. Explain that to his 6 year old daughter. Her only question to me, every time I stop at the house, "why MY Daddy, Uncle Joe?

#45: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:47 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear about your friend Joe. Sad

Dimitri

-> General