Take this test..
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General

#61: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:27 am
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
Vint,

Really, I'm NOT trying to be difficult. What IS the new way?

BAG Christians and BB Christians have difficulty answering a question.

We live by faith not by law. Laws can change according to the whim of man but the teachings of Christ are eternal!! God did not take Cain's life after Cain slew Abel.

#62: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:57 pm
    ----
Without the Old Testament the New Testament is meaningless.

Dimitri

#63: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 pm
    ----
The Old Testament is history, the law, and prophecy. The new Testament is fulfilment of law and prophecy, faith, and new prophecy. Salvation through Christ is only found in the New Testament. Old Testament people believed in the promise of Christ to come.
I believe that we Christians are not perfect, but we are forgiven and should spend the rest of our lives trying to grow in our faith. Smile

#64: Re: Take this test.. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:13 pm
    ----
Let's see...Hummmm. Oh yeh...Tomorrow IS Sunday...After all this I won't have to go to church now... Very Happy

#65: Re: Take this test.. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:21 pm
    ----
We're all basically on the same page. The same genus, we're just trying to figure out the species.

#66: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:27 pm
    ----
Vint,

In my opinion Jesus is the forfillment of the prophecy yes, but its just another chapter on the religion itself. The background history, the laws set forth for us to fallow and the like are all written in the Old Testament, the New one is not so much a "testament" but instead a new chapter of the same bible dealing with the forfillment of the prophecy and the life & teachings of the Messiah.

Separating the "Old" Jewish roots from the "New" Christian roots in my opinion makes no sense at all.

Dimitri

#67: Re: Take this test.. Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 pm
    ----
Seems the fact that the death penalty is a punishment, not a "deterrent" has been over looked. If it deters others from commiting crime that's icing on the cake. It is 100% positive that it will prevent the one sentenced from committing any more crimes. You don't shoot a vicious dog to deter other dogs from biting, you do it to prevent HIM from biting AGAIN.

There have been two studies that I know of that show that 90% of murderers have prior CONVICTIONS (amazingly it is an average of SIX prior convictions). Interestingly enough 65% of murder victims also have prior convictions. The two scumbags that murdered the UNC student body president were out on parole at the time.

#68: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:41 pm
    ----
Dimitri,
I think a face to face chat would be very intresting, but I am not sure we have the time and space to go into all of this in any great depth on this forum! Smile

#69: Re: Take this test.. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:42 pm
    ----
Well Vint, if I'm ever in Iowa I'll stop on by!

Dimitri

#70: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:44 pm
    ----
You will be very welcome! Smile

#71: Re: Take this test.. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:55 pm
    ----
That’s what I like about this forum. We may have disagreements, but we do so as gentlemen, with respect. You all have my admiration.

Cary

#72: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:22 am
    ----
Yepper,ain't it great!!! This is the best forum I have found on the net!!!!! Smile

#73: Re: Take this test.. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:39 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
Vint,

We live by faith not by law. Laws can change according to the whim of man but the teachings of Christ are eternal!! God did not take Cain's life after Cain slew Abel.

I was trying REAL hard to NOT respond, but I gotta ask.

So in YOUR world of Faith, there are no laws, other than what someone attributes to Christ?

Also, If memory seves me correctly,
The STORY of Cain and Abel was a part of the Old Testament.

Now you want to pick-and-choose where your quotes originated...

#74: Re: Take this test.. Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:30 pm
    ----
Well, hunterjoe, I did not say no laws, that is an assumption on your part.
Now, if you remember correctly, I was speaking of capital punishment and referred to the first murder. Capital punishment was not used, and as a matter of fact, GOD marked Cain so no man would raise his hand against him.
Now, I will refer you to what I just said to Dimitri.

#75: Re: Take this test.. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:44 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
Vint,

We live by faith not by law.

-> General