Loggerhead meets Ruger!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
    ----
Sorry vint2, the last of the turtly soup and home made biscuits are now gone but, it sure was good....

#17: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 pm
    ----
Yupper, that is good eating!!!! Mebbe next time!!! Smile

#18: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 pm
    ----
vint2 wrote:
Now, I am wondering if someone can tell me why I am seeing the front end of my barrel through my scope. Gun is zeroed in but this is a whale of a distraction!!! Confused

'cause that thing on yer face in yer picture is preventing you from gettin yer cheek down on the stock properly....

#19: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
OOOOPSSS............

I forgot this part: Poke

(Don't want folks to mistake sarcasm for ill intentions...)

#20: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:57 pm
    ----
Vint2, I assume its a low powered scope? All my low powered scopes have enough field of view to see the end of the barrel. Never notice it when I'm shooting though.

#21: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:05 pm
    ----
It is a 3x9 variable and I am using low power, so thanks for the tip! I will jack up the power and see what happens.

#22: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:26 pm
    ----
Don't know how the loggerhead or snappin' turtle measure up to the green sea turtle.....but I tell ya what, there is nothing better than nice tender turtle steaks, marinated in garlic and soy sauce, freshly fried on the BBQ.

Had some friends who lived on a tiny island in the Torres Strait, between Australia and New Guinea, and they sent me down a 26 litre Esky full of turtle steaks and Painted Crays. We feasted like Kings.

When they would catch the turtles they would flip it onto its back on a large round table....kill it then butcher it straight away. they would sit 3 or 4 guys around the table and they would each do their bit. Very humane and the meat is beautiful and fresh.

Cheers, Vince

#23: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 pm
    ----
I have not eaten enough turtle to prove this but, I have had several different guys tell me that (if I'm not mistaking), there are 7 different "flavors" of meat to a turtle, depending on which part of the turtle it comes from. One is supposed to taste like chicken, fish, beef, veal, etc. but, like I said, I don't know...

Several years ago, I caught a 130 pound soft-shell turtle out of a pond when it snagged itself on my unbaited trotline. When I was out in the boat trying to get it's head out of the water enough to shoot it, a couple of black fellows came out in another boat to help. We finally got the turtle in to shore and these guys said that if I would give them the turtle, they would cook it and bring me a big pot of turtle stew...

Well, about 3 or 4 days went by and these same fellows came by the house and brought me a a 10 qt. pot full of turtle stew. I kindly thanked them for it, took it in the house and put it on the stove to heat up. In the meantime, I made a big pan of biscuits and by the time they got done, the stew was also ready...

First time in my life to ever eat turtle stew and I must say that to this day, 15 years later, I can still remenber had bad my stomach hurt from eating so much, it was that good Shocked Very Happy .... Very Happy

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions