Loggerhead meets Ruger!!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:33 pm
    ----
Can't afford to get in trouble....

D/S

Last edited by Deer Sniper on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:53 pm
    ----
Looks like a snapping turtle to me, is loggerhead another name for the snapping turtle?

#3: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 pm
    ----
I have always referred these particular turtles as loggerhead but some do call them snapping turtles as well....

D/S

#4: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:51 pm
    ----
Loggerheads are sea turtles >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Sea_Turtle

Snapping turtles are freshwater >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ing_turtle

Starting to sound like D, aren't I ... Shocked

#5: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:59 am
    ----
That loggerhead must have been running around a fair bit to corner your bassett hound

#6: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:54 am
    ----
Might want to make sure to use the term "snapping turtle"....as far as I know Federal law protects loggerheads. Sure hate for you to do time on a bum rap!!! The PETA idiots are liable to try to make the case of "well, he called it a loggerhead." Shocked

#7: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 am
    ----
Did he live?

#8: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:02 pm
    ----
Looks to me like he sprung a leak!!!

#9: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 pm
    ----
You know I hear when you catch these your supposed to let them soak in a tub of clean water for a couple of days to get the taste to clean up.

Still haven't caught one though, but everytime I go to a place to fish where I can legally catch them and they are there believe me I try to get them. Laughing

Dimitri

#10: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:22 pm
    ----
snapping turtle is pretty good eatin, not so easy to clean. A buddy of mine back in PA used to catch hundreds of them and sell them to fancy restaurants in NYC. Float an airtight bottle in a pond with a large hook hanging down a few feet with chicken liver or beef spleen on it. Works pretty well. Snapping turtles are very hard on geese and ducks.

#11: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
    ----
I've lost many a bluegill to them...

'course, we were hookin' the 'gills just under the dorsal fin tryin' to catch Northerns with 'em, with about an once of lead to keep 'em from leavin the scene......

#12: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:09 am
    ----
Deer Sniper wrote:
Can't afford to get in trouble....

D/S

Was there a pic with this thread mate? Be nice to see perzakerly what you are talkin' about. Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#13: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:39 am
    ----
i cant wait to get a snapper . in mass you can kill as many as you want

#14: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:36 am
    ----
Deer Sniper,

There is nothing wrong with getting yourself a turtle, unless I'm missing something ?? Confused

Dimitri

#15: Re: Loggerhead meets Ruger!!! Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:42 pm
    ----
You have some good eating there and if you let me know when dinner is served I might be on my way to Texas to see kin and could stop in and help you get rid of the evidence!!!! Laughing
Now, I am wondering if someone can tell me why I am seeing the front end of my barrel through my scope. Gun is zeroed in but this is a whale of a distraction!!! Confused

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions