Just made a new bow.
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: Just made a new bow. Author: GigmasterLocation: Chatsworth, Ga. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:16 pm
    ----
Here is my new baby. I've tillered it to 83# at 28". It is 71" long. I made it from Red Oak, backed with linen, and a suede thong-wrapped grip. I finished it with 5 coats of clear gloss Minwax.

It shoots like dream, and hits like pile-driver. I've named it 'Thunderstyk'

I can't wait to nail a hog with it.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

#2: Re: Just made a new bow. Author: atroxLocation: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am
    ----
Nice bow. I have been thinking about making my own longbow for awhile now. Kinda hard to find the right wood when you live in the desert.

#3: Re: Just made a new bow. Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:29 pm
    ----
Absolutely beautiful work! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I would rather see your thong on the bow handle than on you. What a sight that would be. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked Men wearing dental floss...really!!! Shocked Confused Shocked
If your going to be hunting our Georgia hogs you better put a spear head on one end in case the first shot makes it mad and you don't have enough time to knock another arrow or able to run fast enough to escape the choppers. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
If you have extra time and materials, minus the thong, make me one in about 50# so that my weak arms can pull it. Embarassed Embarassed

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting