Ah, Those Ruger Single Actions!
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Ah, Those Ruger Single Actions! Author: HandloaderLocation: Phoenix, Arizona PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 pm
    ----
As we accumulate firearms over the years, it seems we also develop certain preferances, in this case for handguns. Whether target shooting or packing in the backcountry preferance has gone steadily toward single action revolvers and I have several nice ones, including some Freedom Arms and Rugers. IMO, there is no question that the Ruger SAs represent the best dollar value available.

The Rugers are strong, easy to work on and, with a little tinkering, some of the most accurate available. I have several: 41 mag, 45 colt, 44-40. Of these the 45 Colt is a personal favorite. The latest acquisition is a SS, BH, 7 1/2". I have loads that will range from 812 fps to 1,433 fps, the latter in a 280gr GC stuffed with an obscene about of H110. This load is giving 1" accuracy, ten shots, from a rest, 25 yards. And, with the Ruger it is managable.

A very interesting assessment of the Ruger is on Linebaugh's website. He uses the Ruger for most of the ultra masterpiece handguns he offers. But, for me, it is the versatility and power of the 45 Colt to which he attests that is interesting. In essence, for the handloader the 45 Colt has much more potential than the much vaunted 44 Magnum. He also has some great load data that has proven verifiable with my loads. Some on this forum may find his comments and testing of interest. I certainly did.

Now, back to the shop, back to loading more 45 Colt!

#2: Re: Ah, Those Ruger Single Actions! Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:18 am
    ----
I couldn't a agree with you more .Ruger can sell any gun that the ''experts'' say won't sell ...The 10-.22 ....Mini 14 .... M77 ranch rifle.....

#3: Re: Ah, Those Ruger Single Actions! Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:11 am
    ----
Insane Roses Nuts Bow Ruger Blackhawk Bow Nuts Roses Insane

#4: Re: Ah, Those Ruger Single Actions! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:22 am
    ----
My first handgun was a Ruger "Super Single Six" with the Bicentennial markings. It’s still the first gun I pull out to teach someone to shoot handguns and I still love to plink with it. A number of other Rugers have followed it into the gun cabinet. Almost 30% of the guns in there have Ruger eagles on them.

When I got into Cowboy Action Shooting several years ago I bought Ruger Vaqueros and loved them. I saw a lot of guns break in matches but never a Ruger with one exception. I managed to knock the front sight loose on one of mine by banging it into the edge of a table. Ruger fixed it for free despite the fact that I told them it was my fault and that I was willing to pay for repairs. Quality for the money and great customer service. Yep, I’m a fan.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions