How's everyones hunting season going?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#46: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:58 pm
    ----
GO GET'EM CARY!!!

Last edited by Bushmaster on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#47: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:45 pm
    ----
Cary, take pictures..Good Hunting. Put that SKS on full auto..

#48: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:56 am
    ----
I'm going to leave in about 10 minutes to go down to the Las Gallinas Creek, to my feeder. The hogs weren't in the yard last night; that's a good sign that they'll be down there. I'm going to be one, agrivated hunter if they don't show up. As any hog hunter knows, they can be unpredictable. What ever happens, happens. I'll let y'all know if I have any luck.

Cary

#49: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
The feeder went off at 7:33, but the hogs were a no-show. GRRRRRRRRRR...........I'll try again tomorrow morning

Cary

#50: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:03 pm
    ----
Oy...sorry to hear that Cary...No pig roast tonight eh?...Damn!

Gettem in the morning and I'll bring the beer for supper... Very Happy

#51: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 am
    ----
Only 3 more sleeps till I'm off on a 12 day moose hunt.... Party

My buddy, his wife and I got a limited entry shared bull moose draw this year. Between the three of us we can take 2 bulls. I'm like a kid just before christmas, except this is better.... Wink

#52: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:21 am
    ----
Congrats...Have a good and safe hunt...

#53: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:22 pm
    ----
No luck yet.
The wild hogs passed about 40 steps behind me, down wind, in the dark, Sunday morning. They were in weeds about 4 feet tall. I heard a bunch of snorting and weeds snapping... and the stampeed was on. This was about 30 minutes before daylight. They never came back to the feeder until about midnight the next night.

I've got to learn to be smarter than a hog. I'm still after them.

Cary

#54: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm
    ----
Dem must be some perty smart pigs you got there Cary..LOL

#55: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:17 pm
    ----
I just landed back in the UK from my annual elk hunt in Co.

It's a good thing I don't go purely with the expectation of making a kill, as this year was once more as washout. Sad
All five of us failed to fill our tags.
I saw two elk in nine days & both were "no shot" sightings.
The weather was just too damn' warm & only those with horses were getting at the elk, as they were miles into the dark timber on the North slopes of the unit (751) & we had no way of packing out a kill from there due to the distance & terrain.

#56: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:58 am
    ----
That's too bad Mike, but like you said, it's not all about the killin...;)...Weather has been against us in many places this year. It's finally cooling off here so maybe a wee bit of snow will come down for my moose hunt.

I'm off today on my 12 day Moose hunt.... Misc

It's Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas... Wink ..Opening day of the draw.... Laughing

#57: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am
    ----
I leave for my elk hunt here in about two hours. Always a thrill and just so happens that my area is one of the most beautiful places in this state.

#58: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am
    ----
skb2706 wrote:
I leave for my elk hunt here in about two hours. Always a thrill and just so happens that my area is one of the most beautiful places in this state.

Good luck, have and awesome and safe trip!

#59: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 am
    ----
Grant wrote:
skb2706 wrote:

Good luck, have and awesome and safe trip!

Hunted Saturday, Sunday and Monday with my wife and another friend. Didn't ever get a decent shot but we saw some excellent animals. I stayed til Tuesday and they had to go home Monday night for work. Tues. morning first light I shot a very nice cow elk (thats the license I drew). Spent all day getting her to the truck and prepped for the trip home. Thats alot of work to do by ones self. Excellent CO elk hunting on a budget.

#60: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm
    ----
skb2706 wrote:
Tues. morning first light I shot a very nice cow elk (thats the license I drew)

Well done mate...good hunting. The hard work at the end makes you appreciate the end result even more.

OTLG Cary wrote:
I've got to learn to be smarter than a hog. I'm still after them.
Cary

What's the latest on them there clever porkers at your place mate? They still out-thinkin' ya?

Cheers, Vince

-> Big Game Hunting