How's everyones hunting season going?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#556: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:25 pm
    ----
Enjoy your time out in the weeds Slim...and go get some mate.

Unlucky Punkin...better luck with the varmints mate.

Good luck Joe...my gut is telling me you will do okay mate.

Cheers, Vince

#557: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
IWILL SECOND THAT!!!!!!

#558: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm
    ----
This is mainly to see if I remember how to do it!! This was in the snow at the spot I shot my buck!!

#559: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 pm
    ----
Ok, came up dry again after hunting yesterday afternoon and this morning. Signs everywhere for deer and hogs. One of the feeders had every kernel of corn eaten from the morning throw. But, I didn't see anything. That wasn't the case for the hunters West of me (this is all private land). In the 30 minutes before sunrise (that's when legal hunting begins in TX), I counted 32 shots at varying distances and direction. Most were single though one was a series of five. By 8:45 the count had reached 51. I figure most of those shots must have been on herds of feral hogs. And alls I was hoping for was one shot opportunity!

#560: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:14 pm
    ----
Hang in there Slim...your fella will come along...he's just holding off for the right opportunity, time and place mate.

Cheers, Vince

#561: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 am
    ----
Hey guys!

Just got back from my holiday hunting in Mississippi. Thought I would post some photos. Ended up with five for the season (can kill as many as eight in Mississippi). Here are the vacation bucks.

#562: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 am
    ----
GOOD JOB Smile ,TC!!!!!!

#563: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm
    ----
WOW tcknight mate!
GOOD JOB!!

#564: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 pm
    ----
them are some nice lookin' bucks!! Nice Work!

#565: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 am
    ----
Very nice!! (and I'm only hugely jealous...)

#566: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 am
    ----
Way ta go TC...you done good mate...a few bbq's in that lot.

BBQ ?....Barbie at TC's place...I got the beer.

Cheers, Vince

#567: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 pm
    ----
wtf I see you was a using that ugly gun again.....good job !!!

#568: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:45 am
    ----
My hunting season has been so dry, one of my hunting friends offered to shoot a deer for me. His freezer is full and he had a tag left. He hunts solo on a tree farm with too many deer. Land owner wants the deer gone but will only let him hunt - no companions. So I took him up on his offer so I at least have some vension for this year.

Still a couple of days of left for antlerless so will go back out one more time. If I get one, there will be lots of sausage to consume this year!

#569: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 am
    ----
You didn't let Suz do the deerdance for you? Or did she forget to do it, as when she herself had the opportunity but due to lack of practise (or did Jon interfere?), she did the raindance instead...
SJ, for you almost finished, here it starts next Saturday. Female and young onces open from 15th January till 15th March. I don't like it, because the females need their rest (to give birth in April), but we're still not allowed to make our own laws...
But here the snow has gone, hare and female faisants already closed, but without snow on our land we still can go dove-hunting till end of February. So they come first, roedeer has to wait because for them snow doesn't stop the hunting.
Are you beginning to understand that you should have at least a university degree here before you can safely hunt, if not, you probably forget a few do-nots!

#570: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:01 am
    ----
Pulled down for a shot at end of day and my rifle broke!!! Surprised Will get out another one for todays hunt!!!

-> Big Game Hunting