I went rabbit hunting and well ....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#31: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:57 am
    ----
I remember hunting jack rabbits just across the California border (it was a desert and a long time ago). The guy I was hunting with was using a 22 LR and I think the rabbits could hear the shot before the bullet got to them. when I cut loose with my Arisaka they were gone! Well not completely gone but they didn't dodge the bullet.......

#32: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 am
    ----
Paul....the little buggers are psychic...they read your mind....watch and wait, and when they sense you squeezing the trigger, they load up their legs and jump the very second the sears break.

Crows are the same....only they duck.

Don't fight it mate...it happens...then they all get back into their hidey hole and laugh their heads off Laughing Laughing at us silly hooman beans. Confused Confused Confused Confused

True story mate. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#33: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 am
    ----
Vince,
It must be the aboriginals there in Ausy teaching those rabbits to read minds. Here in the states they don't read minds - they just listen real good. Laughing

#34: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 am
    ----
By golly mate....you could be onto sumthin' there....I never gave that a thought. wtf Confused Confused The miserable lousy buggers. !!

I'm gonna havta learn how to do it and apply it in my favour..... Evil or Very Mad mwaahahahahaha (to quote our good mate Gelan)

Cheers, Vince

#35: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: mulletboyLocation: somerset pa PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:45 pm
    ----
i get my dad to be the dog so he goes on brush piles to kick the rabbits out and he did that for me 1 time and i got the wabbit flying out with my 20 gauge Evil or Very Mad

#36: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:19 pm
    ----
No no mulletboy...You got it all wrong...YOU are supposed to be on top of that brush pile. NOT your father. THAT's what sons are for. NOT the other way around...Yer DAD is supposed to have the 20 ga...NOT you... Very Happy

#37: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: mulletboyLocation: somerset pa PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:58 pm
    ----
hay hay now ive been on the brush once or twice Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Haha

#38: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 pm
    ----
Mullet,

Watch your mouth this is a family forum! Laughing

Dimitri

#39: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 pm
    ----
We turned the beagles loose today and shot 5 rabbits in about 1.5 hours. man we love hunting rabbits run by beagles.
and we just got done eating 2 of them tonight. Clean themup real good and sprinnkle with lemmon pepper and garlic powder and put them into our ShowTime rottisouri............OH MAN!!!! Cheers

#40: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 pm
    ----
YUMMY...sounds great Crackster

Cheers, Vince

#41: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 am
    ----
Another good recipe is take 4 rabbits, stuff body cavity with chopped onions, put them in large baking dish. add about 3 cups apple juice to bottom of baking dish and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice. we use salt and lemon pepper.

#42: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:39 am
    ----
Damn!!! I don't even like rabbit and you're making me hungry, Crackshot...

#43: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:49 am
    ----
My favorite way to have rabbit and squirrel is to par boil meat off bone in chicken broth . Roll it in Drakes mix batter and deep fry until batter is done. drain and eat!

#44: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am
    ----
STOP IT!!!

#45: Re: I went rabbit hunting and well .... Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 pm
    ----
Crackshot,

Wow those sound like some great recipes. Very Happy

Is there a place on the forum when we could list yours and others?

If not who could we ask to set it up? Confused

-> Small Game Hunting