Doing my part for the economy ...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#31: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 pm
    ----
Surprised Back when I bought mine,it was still under warrantee and gulf coast used to have the list of manufacturers that approved their filters.Navstar was one of them.

#32: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 am
    ----
Interesting Smile

Dimitri

#33: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:11 am
    ----
My brother is pulling a 5.9 Hemi out of a Ram 150 flatbed to shove in a Scout 2. It should get 27-28 M.P.G. .

#34: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:57 pm
    ----
Now I did my part ...

Picked her up today ... I am excited. Cool

Dimitri

#35: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 pm
    ----
Nice Very Happy Very Happy

#36: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:45 pm
    ----
But it's a Ford...And it's missing a hubcap already...

#37: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:17 pm
    ----
Looks pretty good D!

#38: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 pm
    ----
Nah!!! That’s not a missing hubcap.......that’s them there manual hubs them Ford owners insist on having!!!

#39: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:37 pm
    ----
Ford owners need manual hubs. Ohterwise they don't know when they tear the hubs out.

#40: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm
    ----
Actually that black piece on the front wheel is the 4x4 ... I didn't want the automatic button 4x4 system ... on any make of truck or SUV I have been in the Auto 4x4 system is junk off road. Even the sales man at the dealership uses that manual system instead of the more expensive automatic 4x4 system. Laughing

Dimitri

#41: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:01 pm
    ----
I had a ford with the auto push button and your right it was junk.

Nice ride

#42: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:05 pm
    ----
Not just the Fords the push buttons are junk, everyone in my hunting group has a different make/model, no 2 people have the same, and all of them don't like the push buttons anymore. Laughing

Now I just need to get a light bar, step bar (forgot about that when I ordered it Embarassed ), and a winch for the front.

Anyone know any good winches that are actually rated at a amount they are designed to work at?

Dimitri

#43: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:59 am
    ----
I don't know about that...It sure is nice to have all the niceties such as split bench full power seats, AM FM stereo CD and cassette, PB (ABS) PS, AC, etc, etc. AND not have to get out in the rain, sleet, snow, cold and mud just to shift front hubs.

1998 Cheverolet extended cab Z 71 4X4 Silverado (Off Road)...

#44: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:06 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Anyone know any good winches that are actually rated at a amount they are designed to work at? Dimitri

Not sure what your asking D !!!
What I do know is, guys will often find fault with a particular winch when they haven't even taken into account the angle of pull, the added resistance mud can cause, or the lack of power they supply the winch with.

One general rule of thumb is to buy one that's pull capacity is at least two times the weight of the vehicle.
Also, don't forget that bringing the cable back to the truck will double it's pull rating.

#45: Re: Doing my part for the economy ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:19 am
    ----
Big D...That means carrying a single block with tackle...

-> Spam-O-Rama