Small arsenal.
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Small arsenal. Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:42 am
    ----
Poor tourist. It was not fairness for him. Now he can´t carry guns for defence. news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20.../oukoe_uk_ germany_guns Sad

#2: Re: Small arsenal. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm
    ----
"Artical not found or expired"...? Confused

#3: Re: Small arsenal. Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:35 pm
    ----
Nothing there.

#4: Re: Small arsenal. Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am
    ----
Mayby the news was too old.

American arrives in Germany with a 12 calibre pumpgun, a .357 Magnum revolver, a pistol S&W .22LR and a combat knife.
The police unfiscated the weapons and fined 450€ ($630) before releasing him.
A police said they were investigating how the man magnated the weapons trough security checks in the USA. Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

Reporting Jacob Comenetz.

PS: Jacob has no guns. Must to write 12 cal pumpshotgun, or 12 gauge pumpgun. The smalest cal. I kow is .14" (:14-222. wildcat ofcourse).

#5: Re: Small arsenal. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 am
    ----
Looks like it's gettin' to be just like the USSR over there in Europe. A regulation communist continent...It's unfortunate that the people of Europe are not free...

#6: Re: Small arsenal. Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am
    ----
Hum,
You could have the guns in locked containers within your checked baggage and do so flying legally in the US or leaving the US. Now what happens to you without import papers when you get to Europe is a different matter.

When I fly on hunting trips across the pond, I make it a rule to never arrive at any point in GB, or any Euro country, ever never. My last, very last, Delta trip, I flew non-stop to S Africa and my bags, including my guns were sent to Paris for a week long vacation with the poly vues. Idiots to the tenth power then squared.
Best,
Ed

#7: Re: Small arsenal. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 am
    ----
Swampy...As much as I have (in the past) enjoyed talkin' to K.W. I keep getting the notion that he delights in anything that makes us look bad or causes us stress in a non- free world...Jealous maybe?

I wish he'd get off this "anti-American" kick...I'm gonna miss him...

Just my thoughts going out loud...

#8: Re: Small arsenal. Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am
    ----
Looks like somebody is trying to put their own twist on things !!!
www.reuters.com/articl...7220090612

Not a thing said about an American claiming anything unfair about carrying guns for self defense in another country.
You also forgot to mention he did notify the airline he was on, that means they were with his checked baggage, where they’re supposed to be !!!
As far as the German police checking it out, well yea !!! that’s their job !!!
What they will find is this guy did everything right to the point he did not have the proper paper work for the country he was going into.
If he would have had the paperwork, he would have been on his jolly ole way without you trying to make something of nothing.
The fact that they only fined him and then released him says a lot about his intent

#9: Re: Small arsenal. Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 am
    ----
The small fine should indicate something...

#10: Re: Small arsenal. Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:40 am
    ----
Here’s the link you tried to post !!!
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20...rmany_guns

My question now is !!! Did you screw it up purposely ???
Kind of hard to mess up on a copy and paste job !!!

You want to post here that’s fine with me.
Your type of posting here of late however will not be tolerated !!!

#11: Re: Small arsenal. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm
    ----
Easy now Chambered...Let's not get pissy about this. Like I said above he was an enjoyable person in the beginning and hope he will be again...

#12: Re: Small arsenal. Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Looks like it's gettin' to be just like the USSR over there in Europe. A regulation communist continent...It's unfortunate that the people of Europe are not free...

Can´t you, the old red neck, to see what is happening in USA
You have big trouble there in your country. B. Obama is making some fany; The big and clorios General Motors is already Gowernement Motors like carfactories used to bee in the ex USSR.
There are much more communist in your country than mine. Communists will to bee more and more, but don´t bee nervous. You can always carry a gun.
Many people in USA have no more posibily to work and get money. They can to sell own guns, because they need food.
I am eveil now, but you was making the start. Bee my gest.

#13: Re: Small arsenal. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 am
    ----
Okay guys....lets take a step backwards and have a bit of a think about what we are saying, and not go instantly on the defensive from what we perceive others are saying.

I have read the Reuters article and I tend to think that it is a typical reporters twist on a story that probably should not have even been reported on as its hardly newsworthy. This absolutely reeks, it stinks like sh1t, of your typical "ANTI" driven story. The reactions I am seeing here Argue Bonk are the sort of things the ANTIS pick up on and can use against us.

The reporter makes particular mention that the tourist is and "American"...he also reports a "mini arsenal". I think the reporter is the one guilty of "yank bashing" here...typical of a mediocre reporter, a loser, who needs to sensationalise a story to get it into print. OK, a 12 gauge, a revolver, a rifle and a knife is a bit to carry, but if your look at it realistically, and from a hunters point of view, then what he was carrying was pretty much what a hunter would carry for a week or more long hunt. A shotgun for ducks or slug hunting, a revolver for self protection (there are wolves in Europe) a rifle for deer or whatever else and a knife to dress and skin an animal. Kauko, Bushy, Chambered, anyone of us here...tell me that I am seeing things incorrectly?

Kauko old mate...ease up on the "yank bashing" mate Poke ...that's my job to stir them up. Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz Sure, there are a lot of people in the US carry a firearm for self protection, but it is an unfortunate fact of life that in these troubled times they probably need to carry. I feel that this has been bought about by the multi racial society that is forced upon us by our Governments. Each and every race or Nationality is different in its own ways, has different moral and ethical standards...that's not to say any are wrong, just different.

Chambered, I see your point mate...but pouring fuel on a fire doesn't subdue it buddy.

There is a lot of ill feeling around the world towards the USA at this time because of the downturn in worldwide economics that has hurt many of us...Americans and others alike...damn, we are suffering badly here in Australia and its directly as a result of the international Stock Markets.

It is not the American people that are to blame per se...it is the big Multi National Corporations right around the world who got terribly greedy and bought about the big crash, the recession...call it what you will. What Kauko says about the US Government bailing out some companies is true, but I think to a certain extent his meaning has been lost due, in part, to his basic comprehension of the English language. I think he is alluding to the fact that the automotive manufacturing industry in Russia (USSR) was owned wholly by the Soviet Government and that technically, it certainly appears, that the majority shareholder in General Motors today is the US Government. Having said that, Kauko, General Motors is not just a US owned Corporation...it is worldwide mate...USA, Australia, Europe, UK. Its like Volvo was until recently (I think there was a change) was majority owned by Ford.

I will not comment on the reference to Communists...I think that is best left alone.

Basically, I think that a lot of Kauko's comments are being taken literally, when in fact they are most likely being "lost in the delivery" because of his less than perfect English.

Sooooo.....everybody.....with me....nice and slowly....big breath in, hold, breathe out...breathe in, hold, breathe out...repeat this exercise 5 times, then grab yaself a beer or three and relax and remember that we, each and every one of us, are part of the worldwide family of hunting and firearms enthusiasts...not enemies....but friends. Hug Bow

Time for a beer methinks...who's interested? Cheers Cheers

Cheers, Vince

#14: Re: Small arsenal. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:51 am
    ----
beer? somebody say beer?

I want!!! Misc

I want!!! Misc

Stop fighting.. and send beer here.
Hey Kauko, Finish beer any good??

#15: Re: Small arsenal. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 am
    ----
Finnish beer is awesome Gelan. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In fact I don't think there is a bad Scandinavian, or German, or Belgian, or Dutch or any of the European beers mate.

Cheers Vince

-> General