Duck Hunting
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#1: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 pm
    ----
So whats the deal are there no duck hunters around here during the off season?????? wtf

I can't wait for the new season to begin.

#2: Re: Duck Hunting Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 am
    ----
I can't get any one to go with me .

#3: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:20 pm
    ----
C'mon over to Central MN I'll take you out. I also have a place in North Dakota where the hunting is excellent.

#4: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 pm
    ----
A good day in North Dakota.

#5: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm
    ----
Oops lets try that again.

#6: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 am
    ----
I was just reading a post from a friend in south Jersey on a local web site. He drove through North Dakota May 18th. The ducks were in swarms like bees over the road and the pheasant were every where. Road kills were 6-8 per mile. He and his wife are building a house in Montana so they can get out of NJ.

#7: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:33 am
    ----
This past season we had our limit of ducks in 3 days. We had a BBQ featuring fresh duck as the guest of honor. It took a couple day to find our tundra swans, but we found them. Shocked

#8: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:48 am
    ----
There's not shooting swans out here, unless you want a lot of trouble. I've large spreads of swans in the coastal region. I think SC allows you to take one.

#9: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:28 pm
    ----
North Dakota has a lottery for swan permits every year but they don't usually have enough applications. These are the ones my brother, my son and I shot. It is unbelievable the amount of birds that are out there. We love it out there so much we bought a place. The fishing is also excellent there.

#10: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 am
    ----
That sounds like a sweet deal!

#11: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:01 am
    ----
It is pretty cheap to pick up a house out there in the small towns. We actually picked up a building that was a department store the renovated to a clinic. The clinic left town and it was empty for a few years until we found it. It is 50'x120' we have 8 bedrooms large living room and I built a big kitchen. We park the trucks and boats inside. It sure make life nice.

#12: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:10 pm
    ----
"sweet deal" doesn't quite cover that!

#13: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 pm
    ----
Works out great all year long. The one draw back is the five hour drive. But I would much rather make that drive than go to Minneapolis.

#14: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 pm
    ----
5 hours isn't too bad when you have a setup like that waiting. Drive up Friday evening, pull the vehicles right into the building, and crash. The next morning you have all those birds and fishing waiting for you after you make yourselves some coffee and breakfast with family and friends. You trying to make us jealous? Very Happy

#15: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:05 pm
    ----
I tell you it's like heaven out there. You don't need a boat to fish there are miles upon miles of shore line along the road all you do is pull over and throw out a line. The winter you should run with two 4x4 pick ups, my brother found this out the hard way. He had to wait in a snow drift while I came from Grand Forks to Devils lake. Serves him right for sneaking out there ahead of me.

-> Waterfowl Hunting