Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round.....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 am
    ----
Ordered 5-19-09 (Cabela's):

3 bricks Rem SPP.
2 bricks Rem LPP.

Got knocked back, again, till the 8th of August. I purposely did not go Winchester due to their Gov contract awarded for 30million dollars for 9mm frangible practice ammo. That kinda backfired.

Ordered 6-9-09 (HP's from Cabela's, not the SWC's):

250 .44 240gr NOS JHP...went from 1-2 week B/O till who knows when.
1000 .44 240gr HC SWC 6-6-09...still no sign of them. Should ship this week, or the next, or the.....

I just ordered 2 bricks of Rem LPP back in May and it took only 30 days from order to my door.

Sad sigh..........things are slowing to a dead stop.

Blast this Barry-O Admin fuled paincky merry-go-round thing. Plus when that Bill passes HG ammo is gonna be on the kaibash here....

Anyone else on perpetual hold?

I'm in the wrong business..... Embarassed And got a thousand .38's ready to load, 'cept for the empty hole in the big end of the cases.

When's it gonna end! Mad

#2: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm
    ----
Just ordered a brick of Magtech SPP....Cabela's said 0-1 week delay.

Never used them in a progressive press so....we'll what we'll see.

Anyone have any input on Magetech primers?

#3: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 pm
    ----
Maybe Santa will bring you that stuff Christmas Bah hum bug !!! HaHaHaaaaaa

#4: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:15 pm
    ----
I thought yer jokes was suposed to get better, Mr. 1K. Wink

Ever use Magtech primers?
I shot lots of their hunting ammo and their brass is nice for reloading. .

#5: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:52 pm
    ----
No !!!

#6: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:00 pm
    ----
That's about as good as he gets. Let me know how those primers work, I've seen them a couple times when nothing else was there.

#7: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:54 am
    ----
Will do Wiersy.

#8: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:04 am
    ----
Magtech primers...They go bang...Every time...

#9: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 am
    ----
Cant help with the primers, You can cast your bullets though! I have more bullets than cases and primers.

#10: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:05 am
    ----
Copy that.

Aint into castin'....... yet.

Still gettin' 1000ct .357dia HC SWC/65$ incl shipping. $85.00 for .44 240gr.

Buyin' my bullets frees me up for other stuff I've got goin' on around the Ponderosa.

Someday though cuz it's gettin' harder and harder to get anything nowadays.

#11: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:19 pm
    ----
Yeehaw....

240gr Nos JHP just came into stock, shipping soon! Very Happy Only took 2 mos. Confused

Ordered some MagTech primers and they shipped yesterday! Very Happy

Ordered even more MagTech primers for a bud and they (should) ship next week! Very Happy

Told 'em to stuff it on the CCI order I've had pending....... since MARCH. Mad They'll proly get a truck full tomorrow. I'm over CCI. Aint worth the wait. Most of my stuff calls for Remy primers anywho so.... using the MT's for plinkin'.

Hope the MagTech primers are progressive friendly...maybe if I move the lever reeeeeal slowly, so as not to jiggle 'em too much. NO BOOMERS ON THE BENCH PLEASE! Shocked

Off to the range to make room for more reloading opertunities.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Smile

#12: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:52 pm
    ----
Glad to hear your finally getting some of your stuff !!!

Once you receive it........order more !!! Shocked

#13: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm
    ----
I ordered some bullets to try from Dardas it took almost a week to get. They seem ok to me though. priimers is hard around here I just keep checking back at the local gun shops. A good reason to go to the gun shop.

www.dardascastbullets.com/

Very Happy Very Happy

#14: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm
    ----
That's not a bad wait time Mr. W and I might use them next time....CB uses the same mold, blue looking lube, same BNH and is less $ but man the wait was nuts he was so swamped.

Ooop! just got a brick of MagTech SPP. Now I can finally start reloading some of the 1200 .39spl/.357 cases I got ready to roll. I'm firguring roughly around 5-8 cents a round. Better oil up the press..... Razz

#15: Re: Oh this lovely backorder merry-go-round..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
Glad to hear your finally getting some of your stuff !!!

Once you receive it........order more !!! Shocked

Mail me a check and I'll order all ya want.... for me! Laughing I just got 3 new pairs of boots so I aint ordering anything for a while.... Sad

-> Reloading Ammunition