PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 am
    ----
I push up updated beta versions every week.

We have a bug in the metric calculations and a printing bug to address. We are nearing the end of the beta test. When it does end, the "expiration" time will go away.

-DallanC

#17: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: linceLocation: Madrid, Spain PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 am
    ----
Hi.
Cannot execute PB Bta: it says that it's expired, but patcher doesn't upate the executable. Any hint?
TIA

#18: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 pm
    ----
lince wrote:
Hi.
Cannot execute PB Bta: it says that it's expired, but patcher doesn't upate the executable. Any hint?
TIA

Yea work is killing me and I'm not getting the newer versions posted as quickly as I hoped. We are working around 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week. Been like this since mid Dec, got another 6 weeks left or so.

Anyway I will push up a newer version in a couple hours, sorry for the delay.

-DallanC

#19: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: linceLocation: Madrid, Spain PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 am
    ----
DallanC wrote:

Yea work is killing me and I'm not getting the newer versions posted as quickly as I hoped. We are working around 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week. Been like this since mid Dec, got another 6 weeks left or so.

Anyway I will push up a newer version in a couple hours, sorry for the delay.

-DallanC

It's working now.

You're the best, DallanC!

Thanks again a lot and keep good work!.

#20: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: txtaxmanLocation: North East Texas PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:20 am
    ----
I downloaded PB2.0 Beta and entered some test data and targets.

One thing I do not understand is the "Av Group: In", e.g., it indicates 2.43 inches, but my actual measurement is just under 1.5 inches.

One other comment is that after entering a string of shots on a target, if I edit the position of a shot on the target, its respective shot number on the table is changed. No harm that I can tell--just a little confusing the first I saw it.

Great program--thanks, DallanC.

#21: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:18 pm
    ----
txtaxman,
The program seems to measure the group from the zero point of the target instead of from the extremes of the actual group.
If you hit three inches high with one bullet then your group will be 3".

#22: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:51 pm
    ----
Yea I need to change it... if I could ever get free time from work. Few more weeks left of crazy hours and we should be done with our current project. I'm sick of it.

-DallanC

#23: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: txtaxmanLocation: North East Texas PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 pm
    ----
Thanks for the replies. After I woke up fully and tested it again, I see that the "Av Gp: In" accurately describes the diameter of the smallest circle that all the shots in the group will fit in. As for the shot numbers in a string being off after editing, I found that exiting the target screen and reopening it, fixes the shot numbers.

My computer has an Intel dual core CPU running Win XP Pro, and I am having no problems using PointBlank 2.0 Beta.

Sorry about the false alarm.

Thanks again

#24: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: acelungger PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:22 am
    ----
I am so stupid, I downloaded the program, I went to the range did some shooting and wanted to try the program. I don't have a clue how to use it. I double clicked the app. it came up and i can't get it to do anything?
What do you do first?How do I put my cal. and data in.
Any help would be apprecaited.
ACE

#25: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 pm
    ----
To record data, you first need to create a "firearm" of the proper caliber. After that you create a "load" and under that you create a target with your shooting session's data.

-DallanC

#26: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: acelungger PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:38 pm
    ----
I can't figure out how to create a firearm???

#27: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: acelungger PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm
    ----
I got part of figured out. I have a lot more to learn.
Thanks
ACE

#28: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 pm
    ----
You will get there acelungger. One step at a time...its a fairly easy program to work.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...plenty of help available here mate. Best place to ask is under the Point Blank Heading at the bottom of the Forum front page.

Cheers, Vince

#29: Re: PointBlank v2.0 wide Beta test starting Friday 12/04/09 Author: acelungger PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm
    ----
Howdy All,
I finaly started figuring out how to use the program. It is a Great program and I sure am glad we get to use it! I do have a question, it ask for the wind MPH and I see that it would need that to do its job, but I can't see how that putting in wind speed will help when it doesn't ask if it is a cross wind, dead wind, tail wind, ect.
So would someone explain how this program process the data with it not being complete?
I sure wish this would of been around 20 years ago when I was hunting and doing a lot of long range shooting.
Thanks
ACE

-> General