Finally got the Ruger LCP
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 am
    ----
Very nice...........and small Pumpkin !!! I've been considering the new Kahr .380 as a little brother to my MK40.

#17: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 am
    ----
Bumping this thread.

How do you like the LCP after having it for a couple years now? While i love my XD40 SC, its just bulky enough I dont take it with as much as I'd like. I'm strongly concidering a LCP for a pocket pistol. A local guy has the lasermax version for sale new at $340 out the door (includes tax, bg check etc).

Lots of crazys up where I work lately, we've had a couple shootings within a block of my building. Kindof spooky.

-DallanC

#18: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:18 pm
    ----
Will a 9mm be sufficient Dallan? I suppose "snake eyes" in the A Zone should be more than sufficient from the 9mm, but I would feel more at ease with a .40 or .45 mate.

Be safe mate.

Cheers, Vince

#19: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm
    ----
I really like the LCP and that is what I usually end up carrying on me. (I keep a larger gun in the car.) I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and can carry it in the front pocket of my jeans. I've got a Crimson Trace laser on it as the sights are pretty minuscule. If I was going to do it over I might go with the Laserlyte unit instead. If I do my part I can get 1.5" groups at 10 yards. I've shot it side-by-side with a couple of other .380s, a SIG and a Taurus, and prefer the LCP over both.

The area where I work isn't the best section of town either however we are prohibited from having any sort of weapons, even in our cars.

#20: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 am
    ----
I carry a Glock 26 (sub-compact 9mm) for may years. I've been considering a smaller pocket pistol that is thinner (G26s are much smaller dimensions than the full-size G17 except width/thickness is the same 1.2"). I was considering a 9mm Kahr. My plans are now on hold after an indoor range session. The guy in the lane next to me had every new "toy" handgun you could think off. He saw me eyeing his collection and offered to let me shot. He started me on a 4-shot .22 Mag mini-revolver with a laser sight (every gun he had had a laser). You had to fire it with only one hand. The recoil was significant but manageable. I was lucky to hit a paper plate at 15'. A pistol with a birdshot cartridge would have had a much tighter pattern. Then he pulled out a tiny 9mm Kahr. What a handful! With that light and small a pistol, the recoil was a shocker - more so than Stovey's .44 Mag. Maybe harder because there isn't much to hold onto. This really surprised me because I can shoot my G26 as well as my full-size Glocks. Then he gave me a even smaller .380 LCP to fire. I thought the smaller .380 cartridge would make it easier - NOT! Maybe I wasn't doing something correctly. Maybe I'm just too comfortable with my Glock. However, I'd recommend anyone that is considering this small a handgun to shot before you buy.

#21: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: EremiusLocation: Owosso, MI PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:34 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
I'd recommend anyone that is considering this small a handgun to shot before you buy.

Bingo.

When I was preparing to purchase my last handgun I had every intention of buying a Glock 19. Then I rented one and test fired it. I am very glad I did as the finger scallops did not in any way fit my hand. I went to see what else the range had for rental and tried the XD9sc. I loved it. Fit my hand well and shot like a dream.

TL;DR what slimjim said, except for any handgun.

#22: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:54 am
    ----
Hey don't forget the Bodyguard 380, I got one and love it. Nice big sights, includes laser, and has a slide lock (some 380s don't) easy take-down and fun to shoot. I was actually convinced just by holding one compared to a LCP it feels better in the hand.

Suz

#23: Re: Finally got the Ruger LCP Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:13 am
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
I really like the LCP and that is what I usually end up carrying on me. (I keep a larger gun in the car.) I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and can carry it in the front pocket of my jeans.

The area where I work isn't the best section of town either however we are prohibited from having any sort of weapons, even in our cars.

This is my situation, except for the car part. In my car I can keep my XD40 (although I am concerned with breakin and robbery of it... we've had several cars broken into recently).

I really just want something to get me from the front door of my building to the parkinglot half a block away. LCP (or something like it ) in the front pocket seems the ticket.

I've read alot of reviews and people tend to like the LCP and Bodyguard, some people complain the Bodyguard has more protrusions to hang up on than the LCP though.

Ok well I'm still kicking it around, I knew Pumpkinslinger had the LCP so I wanted his impression after having it for a while.

Thanks all!

-DallanC

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions