Tornado!
-> General

#1: Tornado! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:36 pm
    ----
This morning watching the daily news I saw that tornado lashes a few of USA states.
Most notably in Minnesota.. where a lot of our members seems to be originated.

I hope that you all are safe and sound.

#2: Re: Tornado! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 pm
    ----
I'm about 30 miles from the one that hit Wadena MN. It's a big mess up there, they have the National Guard on active duty right now, I spent 16 years in the Guard unit from Wadena. I am going to go and see if they need an extra pair of hands. I have a lot of friends in that town.

#3: Re: Tornado! Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:46 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
This morning watching the daily news I saw that tornado lashes a few of USA states.
Most notably in Minnesota.. where a lot of our members seems to be originated.

I hope that you all are safe and sound.

+1

#4: Re: Tornado! Author: ArronLocation: Cen.Iowa, by way of SWIowa PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm
    ----
Yeah I saw it too! The video I saw was of one from I believe Albert Lea(Lee), MN. It was central tornado with other tornadoes circling it(multiple vorticies) these are extremely rare to see much less get them on tape!!!

#5: Re: Tornado! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:07 am
    ----
I would sympathize with wiersy111, but I'm too busy dodgin' them myself.

#6: Re: Tornado! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am
    ----
You guys get way to may twisters down there. This storm system was pretty unusual, it was moving north. Normally when we get bad weather in the summer it comes from the west. Had this storm moved west to east I would have had a really bad day. There was grapefruit sized hail with extreme winds about 15 miles west. So for me it wasn't to bad of a day, just a little nervous watching the weather.

#7: Re: Tornado! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:35 am
    ----
Just saw this on the news and YIKES! That turkey farm got flattened!

You guys be safe out there!

And close yer safe wiersy, I hear twisters are attracted to shiny stuff...plus ya don't want 'em to get all dusty when it starts blowin'.

#8: Re: Tornado! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:33 am
    ----
Holy sh1te bags...I haven't seen any news for maybe a week...been busy working on my car and my daughter's car.

Hope all you guys are ok and haven't sustained any damage. Them tornadoes is nasty buggers...and they don't seem to care what they destroy on their travels.

Cheers, Vince

-> General