At last.......
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#76: Re: At last....... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Vince wrote:
...only 7 more ZAP sessions to go then I can get my cheek healed up so I can do some shooting..

No Rifleman from the hip?

Nah...gotta do it the correct way mate. If my eye doesn'y heal sufficiently, I'm gonna have to try going lefty.

Cheers, Vince

#77: Re: At last....... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm
    ----
It's not a bad idea to learn to shoot from either side. I practice it every chance I get. Its easier with a rifle than it is with a pistol for me.

#78: Re: At last....... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 pm
    ----
peice of p#$$ with a shotty mate. Cool

#79: Re: At last....... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
shooting...I'm going into withdrawal. Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

you and me both brother. i cant even cycle the bolt on my 22 plinskster, and that has a return spring from a ball point pen, literally! Laughing

get well soon old top. they dont come much tougher than you.

#80: Re: At last....... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:28 am
    ----
Thanks Stovey...I wouldn't say I'm really tough mate...just realise that the smart fights to pick are the ones I can win...all the rest I just live with as I have no other choice.

Cheers, Vince

#81: Re: At last....... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 am
    ----
yer too humble and a smart chap would do well ta buy ya some cold ones than start a row.

wise words on pickn yer battles too!

#82: Re: At last....... Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am
    ----
Ah Vince,
the old Squamous cell carcinoma.
Im still recovering from mine. Copped that one in the back of the tongue.
I had a fair idea this was getting serious, when they pulled 11 molars before treatment started.
Then 35 episodes of the ray gun aimed at both sides of the neck and 3 rounds of chemo.
They reckon they can zap you with 7200 greys, I copped 7000.
Well things are improving, I have some saliva,about a 1/3 of normal, I can taste some things (dark chocolate is a good one) not much of a taste out of sweet things though.
Loosing 20kg and not being able to eat for 4 months trashed the type 2 diabeties.
The good news is I now fit back into the bike leathers, the bad news is the bike hasnt moved in 15 months, this has given me time to get back into shooting and reloading.
I must be almost better I'm back to yelling at the TV, (not allowed to throw things at the plasma).
The other plus apart from the bastard hasnt come back is I no longer have to shave around the throat, and I can grow the goatee back if I so choose.

"just realise that the smart fights to pick are the ones I can win...all the rest I just live with as I have no other choice."

Aint that the truth.

#83: Re: At last....... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:57 am
    ----
Mate...what can I say other than Bow Bow

What I suffered and went through is a drop in the ocean compared to what you suffered mate. I'm glad to hear that everything is ok...but as the Oncologist said to me when I asked her if the radiotherapy treatment did the job..."I'll let you know in 3 - 5 yrs if it comes back". Fingers crossed mate...one day at a time. At least you are balanced with the shaving bit mate...I still have to shave one side. Laughing

Don't be afraid to jump back on the bike mate...in fact give some consideration to getting a dual sport bike. It's most pleasant to spend a day puttering through the fire trails in the Mt Mee/Dayboro area. My son-in-law is a part of the Qld ADV Forum and they run what they call Snail Trails on a regular basis for beginners and those that aren't into motocross/enduro speeds off the tarmac. I enjoy getting out with them.

Cheers, Vince

#84: Re: At last....... Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 am
    ----
The bike will be up in around a month.
As part of my mid life crisis/ refit I also had a shoulder rebuild a couple of months ago.
I'll be dangerous once I'm back on line Smile
4 years to go for the all clear........

-> Small Game Hunting