What gun did you get yourself for Christmas?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#31: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
Still trying to decide on a varmint rifle yet, so I guess it's not for Christmas anymore.

New Years presents should count!
Don

#32: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:55 am
    ----
Well, after two failed attempts to find a nice laminated stock that fit both me and the new Ruger 10-22 bull barrel my wife got me for Christmas, I ordered a multi-color thumbhole stock from Stocky's. The cold icy weather here in North Texas even has UPS stopped in their tracks. It arrived at the DFW airport last Wednesday but they won't assign a delivery date, just

"Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control"

waiting, waiting .......

#33: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 am
    ----
The new stock for my Ruger finally arrived! Its nice quality. Still a longer reach for the trigger than I'm used to. I may to some shaping but going to just shoot it for awhile. I have enough other unfinished projects before I start another. Made sure I thanked my wife for the new barrel that started the transformation.

#34: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 am
    ----
Nice! I've become a fan of laminated stocks. Can't wait for the shooting report.

#35: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:18 am
    ----
Im going to try the BMG 50, as u can c my name is Long and I have killed deer at 800 + yds. now I have new property to hunt and it has places to shoot at one mile so this season it is my goal to take one at that range.

#36: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm
    ----
I guess you're not into EATing the deer? (won't be much left I'd say)

Suz

#37: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:47 pm
    ----
I got to hit him first. Smile

#38: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 am
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
I guess you're not into EATing the deer?

thanks Suz! best laugh of the day so far!!

#39: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm
    ----
Long, I'm very humble when I hear talking about such distances, but knowing how much problems I have to see the difference between mother roedeer and her daughter at 100 m, I'm wondering: do you know what you're aiming at or do you complete your story after you've recovered your hit?
And with a .50 BMG, do you really have to hit the animal? Seeing these canadian snipers on you-tube where you see arab parts flying around, one should think that when you're close by you already transfer enough energy...
Don't understand me wrong, I have great admiration for someone who can put his bullet on the right spot over such long distances alltough I have to admit that I even have more admiration for somebody doing this with a 45/70 or even a 45-120-3 1/4" without using windmeters and computers...
And I too like a challenge now and then, but when I here only THINK about such a distance I already hit 2 villages and I see police-cars and helicopters searching for me Smile

#40: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 pm
    ----
I here ya, been there and done the village thing. 26 yrs in the c pic.

#41: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:44 pm
    ----
I'm wondering: do you know what you're aiming at or do you complete your story after you've recovered your hit? do I know what im aiming at LOL ur too funny.

#42: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 pm
    ----
my son has been in the USAF 5 yrs now and is in afgan doing the same thing. I feel for him and cry every damn nite, can't get it out of my head. we need to bring r troops home.............. r leaders don't give a crap.........

#43: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:20 am
    ----
Long, it's no critisism. For me anyone can hunt the way it pleases him as long as you don't damage nature nor your fellow hunters.

And when I understand the US-hunting systems I know it's far more easier for us to do good management because we don't have competition of other hunters in our area. Correction: we sometimes do but then they are not hunting but poaching. Our hunting is closer to farming. We try to make our hunting area better with every shot and should keep our finger straight when there is doubt.

#44: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Long PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:57 am
    ----
its all good, no problem. its just easy to kill at 800 and in so I just need to keep sharping my now not needed skills and have a little fun, the thing is with every shot it cost 6 bucks Smile

#45: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 pm
    ----
Long wrote:
its all good, no problem. its just easy to kill at 800 and in so I just need to keep sharping my now not needed skills and have a little fun, the thing is with every shot it cost 6 bucks Smile

Do you reload? if so check out this 50 bmg components

If you don't reload, try 50 bmg loaded ammo

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions