5 round load ignorance
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
ElyBoy wrote:
That is why I kept TRYING!!!!! ....

Eric Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head

Eric, so you trying to convince us we would all be safer if we limited ourselves to 5-rounds in our magazine. I think you are confusing the comfort feeling you get from your routine at the range with safety. Better add a few more banghead smilies to your signature. Oops, guess you will have to limit it to 5.

Now THAT'S funny.

#47: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:48 pm
    ----
Cheeky bugger Slim. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#48: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:02 am
    ----
Just to help take this topic to another level....
I went to a local WAC gun show today and was surprised at the signs at the entrance. They didn't allow any guns carried into the show unless you are a member - At the window the cashier said that two dollars of the entrance fee was going to support the 2nd ammendment and our gun rights. I said I thought that was funny because they negated my right to carry to get into the show.
she smiled politely and said that if I was a member and had a concealed weapons permit I could carry but since I wasn't a member.......
We are doing the same thing that we complain about - what the heck is going on?

#49: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:37 pm
    ----
Good chance I would have walked out !!!

I'd definitely been on the phone with the promoter of the show about their policies.

#50: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 pm
    ----
PaulS wrote:
she smiled politely and said that if I was a member and had a concealed weapons permit I could carry but since I wasn't a member.......

The laws in TX don't allow you to conceal carry into gun shows. Open carry is allowed but the police check the weapons and tie-wrap the actions open.

#51: Re: 5 round load ignorance Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am
    ----
elvis and dawgdad nailed it. 1 5 or 50. never chamber a round in anything unless the loud end is pointed in a safe direction. no matter how many rounds are in a mag, 0 or 1000- the number is moot, all it takes is ONE. 5 aint safer than 10. safety cant do math. and regardless of how many round are in it, THERES NO SUCH THING AS A SAFE GUN.

period.

and if ya run a mag in yer self loader- replace the disconnect and sear at the least.

-> General