Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 pm
    ----
For those of you who rallied last time in September when Christchurch got hit with a 7.1 magnitude earthquake the shit has hit the fan again with a 6.2 quake at about 1.00pm. There is loss of life and serious injury.

Elvis may be able to give more details but from my work sources its worse because of the shallow depth and the time of day a lot of people outr and about and lunchtime for a lot of people.

Spare a thought for us southern latitudes, Aussie and floods, New Zealand and earthquakes !!!!

Radar

#2: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:56 pm
    ----
I hope you and yours are safe and sound!!
A lot of quakes happening around the world today.
Volcano eruptions too..

earthalerts.manyjourneys.com/web/ here is the site that maps disasters as it happened.

#3: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 pm
    ----
theres a wholelota shakin going on allright. here in timaru 160kms south of christchurch we are getting shook up with aftershocks still. Ive come home from work to calm the kids. the shocks were alot sharper than the big one on boxing day. Crying or Very sad there are fatalities and people trapped still. Crying or Very sad

#4: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:14 pm
    ----
Just saw it all on the TV News Radar...bad mate...VERY bad. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Elvis...you OK mate? Any problems around your neck of the woods?

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm
    ----
The only footage I could find on it.IS HERE Another film got taken off for infringement of copy rights...Looks very bad indeed and I hope the NZ Nuts are holding their own and able to function. That's going to take quite a while to get over and get through...sorry....I'll be sending prayers

Suz

#6: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 pm
    ----
Elvis, Radar...Anyone else that needs to check in?

Good luck guys. I'm thinkin' of ya...

#7: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:11 pm
    ----
All the best to those across the ditch.
I hope its not as bad as it seems.
Prayers and sympathies to those lost.

#8: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 pm
    ----
65+ fatalities at this stage. Crying or Very sad

#9: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 pm
    ----
Yikes, its worst than I thought!

Keep safe guys!

#10: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:09 am
    ----
Just been in touch with Aoraki guided hunts. Hes fine too.

#11: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:46 am
    ----
Best of luck to you guys, stay safe.

#12: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 am
    ----
Stay safe and in our prayers

#13: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am
    ----
[b]PRAYERS SENT YOUR WAY!! GOOD LUCK

#14: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm
    ----
My thoughts are for those affected by this latest quake.
NZ & Oz have had it hard lately & I hope there is no more to come. Sad

#15: Re: Christchurch NZ hit again by Earthquake Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm
    ----
Prays are with our mates down under! Keep us posted.

-> General