My 29 lb. deer rifle...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:54 pm
    ----
For you guys that like HEAVY rifles, here are a couple of pictures of my 29 lb. rifle that I use for deer hunting or rather, deer shooting...

Before you ask, no, I don't carry this gun through the woods...

D/S

#2: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 pm
    ----
wtf WOW-I think the table is starting to sag under the weight!

#3: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm
    ----
I've shot several deer from this table and so far, it seems to be holding up pretty well ;)....

D/S

#4: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 pm
    ----
stop teaseing Sad whats the caliber etc???

#5: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 am
    ----
WOW...that is one monster piece of steel in that barrel mate. Love the fluting job...did you do it yourself? The alternating lengths in the fluting looks really good.

That rifle has the cleanest looking lines of any I have seen...very neat and tidy mate.

As usual...a beautifully finished rifle...well done.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 am
    ----
Darned nice...although I would be recruiting a few neighbor kids to tote it out for me!

#7: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm
    ----
Very nice looking!! Where do you attach the wheels? Wink

#8: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 pm
    ----
i like my deer heavier then 29 lbs

#9: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:35 pm
    ----
Wow, I only got 22 lbs of meat out of one of my deer this season!

#10: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm
    ----
Sleek & extreme. Thanks for carrying it to the table. Looks like a perfect spot for that table, too.

#11: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
WOW...that is one monster piece of steel in that barrel mate. Love the fluting job...did you do it yourself? The alternating lengths in the fluting looks really good.

That rifle has the cleanest looking lines of any I have seen...very neat and tidy mate.

As usual...a beautifully finished rifle...well done.

Cheers, Vince

Thank you Vince, your compliments are much appreciated...

Just the barrel alone weighs exactly 15 pounds!

Yes Sir, I fluted the barrel myself. The fluting was done more for looks than anything else....

D/S

#12: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
stop teaseing Sad whats the caliber etc???

Elvis,

the caliber is a 6mm. It is a cartridge that I developed back in 1994 and is what I call the 243 WHITE EXPRESS. It is based on a full length 444 Marlin necked down to 6mm with minimum body taper and a 40 degree shoulder angle...

The barrel is Hart / 30" length / 1.450" diameter...

The stock is a McMillan Bench Rest stock with a 3" wide forend and weighted to 10 pounds...

The trigger is a Timney that is adjusted to a glass breaking 14 ounces...

What else?

D/S

#13: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 pm
    ----
OK..........
so you have a 6mm that fires a 80 - 100 grain bullet at hypersonic speeds followed closely by a fireball the size of a beach umbrella.
Cool gun! If it was 25 caliber I would consider owning one.

#14: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 am
    ----
444/6mm wow that is impressive.

#15: Re: My 29 lb. deer rifle... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 am
    ----
OK DS, we need details man! Bullet weight, velocity, accuracy? We gots to know!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions