Civil War Captain?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Civil War Captain? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:12 pm
    ----
My daughter and I went to a Civil War reenactment today at Historic Latta Plantation in NC. The good folks of the 28th NC were doing some recruiting and gave me a rapid, if rather temporary, promotion to Captain. I think I'll take this to the unit I've been part of for the last 30 years, the 49th NC where I am a private, and tell them I've had a better offer!

#2: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:30 pm
    ----
Congrats on the promotion.

Glad to see you go so far as colour code the beard to the uniform.......:)

#3: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:32 pm
    ----
Glad to see you holding up something else rather than a twig Pumpkin!

Looking well dashing in the uniform mate Smile

#4: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 pm
    ----
you sure look like you are having fun, good luck on the promotion transfer.

#5: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Congrats on the promotion.

Glad to see you go so far as colour code the beard to the uniform.......:)

Haha Haha Haha Haha

Well done Punkin...a Captain eh...more responsibility, leading from the front...hm...methinks there might a plan afoot here mate. Laughing Nice looking pic mate.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Glad to see you holding up something else rather than a twig Pumpkin!

Haha Haha Haha

#7: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: coyotehunter_1Location: Tennessee (USA) PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:07 am
    ----
A great picture, Sir. Salute

My great grandfather was in the 37th North Carolina Infantry (CSA). He survived but lost a brother in the war. I can not imagine the hardships both sides suffered. Sad

Save your confederate money, the south will rise again. Laughing

#8: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 am
    ----
Coyote, that's interesting! My best friend's ancestor was also in the 37th NC Infantry and was captured at Gettysburg near Bryan's Farm after "Pickett's Charge". I had a couple of ancestors in Confederate service; one in Co. E, 61st NC Infantry and another in the 10th NC Artillery. I suspect I have some on the Union side too but haven't located them yet.

By the way, maybe I need to look in to some of that "Just For Men" stuff ...

#9: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 am
    ----
My how you have grown...

#10: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 am
    ----
Bushy, truth be known, I have grown, which is why I wasn't wearing MY uniform... Embarassed

#11: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 am
    ----
Well I meant older...Not bigger.

#12: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 am
    ----
Ok, but......... those 1960s glasses have to go!! What a handsome mug!! You color that beard and I'll swat you!! Give that man a horse!

There's a guy here in town that is obviously in his much later years and he puts shoe polish or something on his mustache, makes it black as coal, might as well be electrical tape, looks so Groucho. He also wears a wig, very black, with the little gray hairs poking out on the back of his neck.

Just so
you know
Suz

#13: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:20 am
    ----
Suz, I have to agree. Such John Lennon's or John Denver's glasses would complete the picture... maybe then they make him general Smile

#14: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:24 am
    ----
General? And we'd never hear the end of it...

#15: Re: Civil War Captain? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 am
    ----
I don't wear glasses when I'm reenacting (can't see what's going on but ...) but I was just taking pictures that day. I think I need to get some authentic period glasses just so I know who I'm supposed to be following.

-> Spam-O-Rama