Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 am
    ----
dan1, you are make great progress on the action and you can see the improvement in the components from before and after your work. What does the inside of the barrel look like? Are you going to need a new one?

#17: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 am
    ----
The inside of the barrel is gone, but my dad has 5 inserts and the drills , and a lathe so we are going to reline it. He has done many of those over the past 60 years and knows how. I am about to learn. Funny part is, he bought the drill and liners back in the 80s new, all for $20.. Nowadays the liners are $35 each and drills are $100 !! Inflation, and the dropping dollar has really put a damper on things. Just still kicking my self in the arse for not pushing it with my dad and gleaning all this info from when I was a lot younger. But I guess better late than never. Besides, he isnt as hard and intolerant as he use to be, so its much more enjoyable to learn from him now. lol

#18: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm
    ----
Not sure this is helpful but shows the ejector on my 39a lever action. Looks like the lever makes things simpler than the pump.

#19: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 pm
    ----
Wow, the flash sure made the dust stand out. Bushy, go easy on me!

#20: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:07 am
    ----
slim jim, my bad, I need the extractor, not the ejector. Its an E part I know that LOL..

The part on top of the breach that pulls the shell from the barrel.

I just about had the locking bolt perfected and done, and then I experienced the dreaded spring/small parts flying across the basement into the nether world never to be seen again. I did drawings and photos of everything , so I can make them again, just figured it was time to quit after 2 hours of looking for 2 tiny parts. But after 2 prototypes and several hours of work, i finally got it working as close to perfect as Im going to get it.

#21: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 am
    ----
dan1, I am gone for the week so will try to get your some more pictures next weekend.

#22: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:09 am
    ----
delayed 10 minutes running to the airport. Wow, its a spring.

#23: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:22 am
    ----
you didnt have to do that, but thanks. I thought it would be made out of spring metal, but not like that! Thanks SlimJim, I owe ya.

Now , to anyone who is inclined and knowledgeable.
How the heck do you upload photos here anyway? All I can find is how to link to a picture, but I usually just put the link in the post and go that way. TO post a photo would be good at times. Any help on that?

#24: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am
    ----
instead of using "Quick Reply" window at the bottom of the page, use the "post reply" button next to "new topic". you will see a similar message window for text, but look below that and you will have a "Add an Attachment" section. To the right of the "Filename" window will be a "Browse..." button. Select you .jpg or .zip file, add commentsn then hit "Add Attachment" button. So long as the file is less than 250K, it will load and be posted.

#25: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 am
    ----
Now, dan1, this is a test. Take a picture of the bottom of your bolt and post it so we can see what it looks like. Note, I made my pictures 1000 pixels wide so they were large and easy to see up close. I probably should have made them 800 pixel wide so they fit the normal screen size without having to pan left and right.

Got to love wifi on the airliner!

#26: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am
    ----
I'll do a quick and snap a photo of my bolt a little later today.

Here is the schematic for my rifle. its part number 25 I am looking for a good photo of for details.

Holly cow, I have seen that section there ever since Ive been on here, just never thought it would be to upload a photo. Duh, what was I thinking LOL'

Thanks SlimJim, Hope you have a great trip!!

#27: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:04 am
    ----
It worked, Look out now!! You may regret telling me how its done!

#28: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 am
    ----
Ok, had a round evening with my "problems" so I didnt get around to the photo until this morning. But here it is. The top of the breach.

#29: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 am
    ----
Ok, I forgot the orientation. My picture was of the bottom of the bolt. Yours is of the top. On the exterior, these actions look similar. The insides are quite different.

#30: Re: Marlin 20A pump 22 rebuild Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 am
    ----
your photo is the bottom?

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions