Clearing Land
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Clearing Land Author: eeyouelderLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm
    ----
I know nothing about clearing land but here are some of my observations on the subject.
In 2010 I was in the woods hunting and ran across this type of machine making a road in the pristine forest. When I passed by at around 7 AM in the morning it was a virgin forest and when I came back at around 4 PM a road existed as shown.

They also use this toy to gather the logs and place them in piles

They also have some machines to harvest the logs, remove all the branches, and then other machines come and gather the logs and load them on transport trucks to be driven to the mill.

Maybe one of these could do the job for you in one day or two????

Last edited by eeyouelder on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: Clearing Land Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 pm
    ----
eeyouelder wrote:
I know nothing about clearing land but here are some of my observations on the subject.
In 2010 I was in the woods hunting and ran across this type of machines making a road in the pristine forest. When I passed by at around 7 AM in the morning it was a virgin forest and when I came back at around 4 PM a road existed as shown.

They also use this toy to gather the logs and place them in piled

They also have some machines to harvest the logs, remove all the branches, and then other machines comes and gather the logs and load them on transport trucks to be driven to the mill.

Maybe one of these could do the job for you in one day????

Way back in time when I was a lad, I was a partner a company that did the mechanised lumberjack thing.
It certainly beat hauling around the chainsaw I started with.
Give me diesel power over muscle power any day.

#18: Re: Clearing Land Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:27 am
    ----
That sort of gear works well, BUT it comes at a price.

Unless they are making tens of thousands of dollars, it's not worth the cost of floating all the machines across and burning the fuel.

And with the limited number of trees they could harvest, it's actually cheaper to send one bull dozer in and then burn the piles then to try to harvest any trees.

#19: Re: Clearing Land Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 am
    ----
Tim the Tool Man didn't have toys that BIG!!!

#20: Re: Clearing Land Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Tim the Tool Man didn't have toys that BIG!!!

Yeah...but he had Al and Wilson.

Bob the Builder has some...but not quite that big. Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#21: Re: Author: Jacks754 PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 am
    ----
Thanks for this effective and constructive information, your fascinations are dazzling.

land clearing

#22: Re: Clearing Land Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:50 am
    ----
well I thought we may have a spammer but no I aam pleasantly suprised to see the link is relevant. welcome aboard Jacks754, get the old stihl out and carve yourself a stump grab a beer and sit awhile.

#23: Re: Clearing Land Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 am
    ----
I disagree Elvis, while they do do land clearing, Quebec where the original poster is from is a LONG way away from Tennessee where the company is based.

And on their list of projects, the CHEAPEST project listed is worth $900,000.
I think the cost of transporting the equipment alone would exceed the cost of a local contractor to do the entire job, which is the main problem.

Further more, the manner in which the post is written is in that of a bot that doesn't understand the context of the posts and is trying to leave a generic post that kinda blends in so people less tuned into scams may think that it's a genuine post.

If he replies to deny this, I will gladly retract my post. But I'll bet we don't hear from him again.

#24: Re: Clearing Land Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 am
    ----
ok its semi relavant.... I dropped the stihl comment to go have a wee fish around too.

#25: Re: Clearing Land Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:36 am
    ----
spam

#26: Re: Clearing Land Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am
    ----
Just got back from a visit to the homestead had a young fella out there to look at the work I want done. He quoted me $4500 to clear out what I wanted and will also enlarge the 4 shooting lanes and add about 2000 feet to the small pond. I liked the guy and once I get Dee's approval I think he will get the work. Dee and I are going back out tomorrow to mark the trees we want left and the areas we want cleared completely as well as what needs to be graded for the new house, trailer tent whatever. I'll try to remember my camera and get a few before and then some after shots.

#27: Re: Clearing Land Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:25 pm
    ----
lester.. the price sounds good with the pond work,

#28: Re: Clearing Land Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:31 pm
    ----
Lester, in that scale of changes, you may even take a copy of google earth satellite image of your land before you made the changes.

In a few years or months, Google may re image your land with the new look, but it would be great to have the "before" shot.

#29: Re: Clearing Land Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 pm
    ----
Best idea I've heard in a long while thanks gelandangan.

Yeah maybe with a little more depth and area it won't turn into a big mud pit in July. Actually, where he is going to dig out is s small underground spring that is feeding a small pond, this will triple its size almost. No fish but the tracks from the wild life around what's there now indicate the animals will love it.

#30: Re: Clearing Land Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:24 pm
    ----
lester,, on the map suggestion,,, I use this site in the lower right you type in your zip-code ,,, great for topo maps. and they're free.

mapper.acme.com/

-> General