Texas hunting ban
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Texas hunting ban Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm
    ----
Has anyone seen this story? Doesn't the govt. realize that the money the ranchers make on the hunting is what allows them to continue to grow the herds?

www.grandviewoutdoors....-antelopes

#2: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm
    ----
Ahhhh I can smell the Greenie influence from here.
Surely what happens on a persons private land is their own business as long as it's not criminal and hunting game ain't criminal.

So if rabbits were to become an endangered animal in say Australia (fat chance) and Texas was over run with the little buggers your Govt would stop Rabbit shooting because of the endangered nature of the Australian Rabbit. Thats pretty stuffed up isn't it.

Hey Vince what about Brush Tail Possums here in NZ. we got millions of them, in Australia they are rear and Fully Protected.

Methinks there are some serious implications here. Obviously the anti hunting mob still haven't been told where "meat" comes from. Its user pays and as long as the Land owners are paying their taxes whats the problem.

#3: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 pm
    ----
What a load of cr4p!
they rather see the species extinct than see them shot?

#4: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm
    ----
Why do so many people have cotton candy for brains? Does, "We saved it so it could become extinct on its own.", make any sort of sense to anyone but a complete idiot? Game preserves in Africa prove that the best chance for many threatened and endangered species is to make them more than just another meal. Their value is what is saving the species and this applies to game ranches in Texas or anywhere else. On the flip side not hunting prolific species such as seals in the NW Atlantic dooms not only them but their prey to population crashes. PETA = People for Extinction Through Anthropomorphism. Reminds me of militant unions that strike their employer out of business. Since how does lose-lose become a win for anyone?

#5: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 pm
    ----
I like to read about African hunting and you can see there examples of what happens when hunting gets banned. The game animals have no value to the people so the critters get wiped out to make room for farms, grazing, etc. Now put a hefty trophy fee on those same animals, with part of the proceeds going to the locals, and the game populations are protected. Quotas prevent over hunting and the critters can flourish. Of course no one in this current administration has learned a dern thing from history...

#6: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 pm
    ----
This is just plain asinine on the part of these animal group activists and the government. These ranchers manage the animals better then any dnr could hope for!!!

#7: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:32 am
    ----
PRICILLA FERAL aye??? the name says it all!!!! probably not her real name just sounded good to her biased ears!!!!
and since when has anyone from Texas the land of the ten gallon hat ever given a fig about what some hippie sheila has had to say???
now heres an angle that may not have been explored. if they are behind wire and being farmed??? are they game or domestic???
if they are domestic stock as are our deer are IF behind wire the rules are different to a free ranging animal. there will be a way to get around this BS legislation. for example... if the farmer/landowner is allowed to shoot them well so can a "visitor " who may just happen to "donate" some money to help with the upkeep of the farm tracks.
are the landowners allowed to control pest species that are eating the grass in padocks??? the same loophole could be used.
Vince we had a real character down this way a few years back he thought he was above the law stealing native lizards etc and exporting them. the funny thing about this fella is he made very good money sending rednecked wallabies to ..... yes thats right you guessed it Australia!!!!
it seems the numbers were so low the population needed a boost and we shoot the little huas as they are pests.

#8: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 am
    ----
You hit the nail squarely on the head Elvis...PRISCILLA FERAL...what a moron, imbecile.

I think she needs to become extinct. Take her out and dump her in the bush. Give her the choice of weapon...for self defence only of course...then come back in a months time and check the cougar and bear scat for her DNA. Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Mwhahahahahaha Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Maybe "introduce" her scent to a pack of wolves...now that would be fun to watch. A blonde haired vegan running through the bush, screaming like a banshee, whilst being chased by carnivores.

Have a look at some of the things they are trying to stop or are protesting about...ludicrous.

Friends of Animals - Action Alert Archives

I think one of the most ridiculous is them trying to ban the use of horses as carriage horses...

Edita Birnkrant, NY Director, Friends of Animals wrote:
“Forcing horses to lug carriages through the chaotic streets of midtown Manhattan is a nightmare for the horses and a public-safety risk,” said Friends of Animals New York director Edita Birnkrant.

I think the Mayor Bloomberg's response is good...

Edita Birnkrant, NY Director, Friends of Animals wrote:
Mayor Bloomberg’s callous response to the Wall Street Journal about those who call for a ban? “I have no idea what goes through their minds.”

This sums up the attitude of many towards these inbred, simple minded, tree hugging, vegetable murderers (well, they do kill plants to eat them don't they, or do they eat them alive?). Razz Razz

We have these imbeciles out here in Australia as well...although I am unsure if they are aligned with the FOA, although they are aligned with PETA.

There isn't any shortage of brush tailed possums over here as far as I know Radar...but they are protected, so they are not hunted. Same same with the Rednecked Wallabies Elvis...no idea about their population status mate.

Love your interpretation of the PETA logo Mac, "PETA = People for Extinction Through Anthropomorphism" ...classic mate, right up there with Joe's People Eating Tasty Animals.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 am
    ----
Shocked If those Antegoats are so endangered-then have the african governments purcahse them at market price and have them shipped back to africa for breeding stock!Get the UN involved too!That ought to be a real cluster f--k! Laughing

#10: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am
    ----
TRBL, be carefull with what you send back, you might loose your president... Smile

On the other hand they don't need so much extra for breeding overthere, I think they are more interested in everything that follows, a kind of "après-chasse".

#11: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 am
    ----
Very Happy I'd bet those Texans would send the animals for free/and pay for the shipping-if the africans would take the "other"back to their lovin africa! Razz

#12: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 am
    ----
I picked up a possum off the road tonight and brought it home on the handle bars of the pushbike the whole 11kms home. got it home and plucked it(pulled out its fur so NO sheep comments) thats another $5-10 woth in the plastic bag in the shed. no shortage of them around here.

#13: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:55 am
    ----
Can you guys cash in the possum fur mate, or is it payment by the "scalp" ?

Cheers, Vince

#14: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 pm
    ----
Vince
Possum fur is going off here, you can get up to $140 / Kg which equals about 25 normal summer coated coons. The bigger the coon the more fur. Its a bloody good way to get some easy pocket money. local kids running 10 traps can usually get enough pocket money to keep themselves well happy.
In the Forestry and bush areas guys are making a good living.

We got a druggie a couple of years ago who was supplementing his FUR with a spot of cannabis growing. He had a barrel with 80kg of fur in it and he told me he got that in 1 season. Thats big $$$$ for a pest.

I might start doing Elvis' trick and just nailing clean road kill. Keep a plastic bag in the truck. The little buggers are everywhere.

#15: Re: Texas hunting ban Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:22 pm
    ----
One can only shake their heads in disbelief! OMG!!!

-> General