not a good feeling at all
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: not a good feeling at all Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:59 am
    ----
Well guys I had another first at work on friday. came around a corner in a truck and trailer stock unit going well below the posted suggested speed (65 posted -60 my speed) and looked in my rear view mirror and my rear wheels of my trailer were about 12" off the ground Shocked Shocked Shocked
well guys it got real hairy about then wtf the trailer started to lean over and pushing accelerator didnt pull it up and the brakes didnt stop it tipping either Shocked Shocked well things got even worse then the trailer started to push the rear of the truck off the road so I just kept braking and steered into the skid as the whole shooting box fell over the trailer on its right and the truck on its left. wtf Shocked
BANG CRASH BANG and its all over Sad grabbed the phone and called boss for help and got out and started to free the 55 cows that were trapped in the crates Sad man I HATE to hurt animals I dont even like using the prodder to load them so I was running on adrenalin and very distressed. well the flashy lights arrived and people were everywhere. I was uninjured and the truck is hardly damaged at all. the trailer is a mess and 4 cows bought the big pasture in the sky Sad
my boss is being great and the police have ruled out driver error being the problem. A wheel rim looks to have failed either before or during the tipping so could have been the reason.
you guys all take extra care out there on the roads and be sure to be nice to the emergency services cause those guys are plurry amazing. the firemen used the "jaws of life" to free the trapped moos and that my friends makes my tears flow
take care
Mike.

#2: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 am
    ----
Elvis, I'm glad you are ok mate!
Bugger about the trailer and cargo, but it would be big bummer if YOU are injured.
Thank goodness you are ok!
keep safe mate!

#3: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:32 am
    ----
Glad to hear you are Ok Elvis.
Accidents can shake you up for a while.
Look after yourself.

#4: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 am
    ----
I'm glad to hear that you were not injured in any way, and cleared of any wrongdoing mate.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 am
    ----
Glad to hear you are okay. That feeling of loss of control is definitely not nice. Too bad about stock. I have been promoting an emergency workers' day complete with a parade. Your report reminds me that I need to start lobbying again. BTW you did what you could in a bad situation. Sometimes you just are the one who gets the bad break.

#6: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 am
    ----
Glad to hear your alright Elvis.

#7: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 am
    ----
Sorry to hear Elvis Glad your ok !!!!

#8: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 pm
    ----
Yep, sorry to hear about the accident but sure glad you're OK. Sometimes sh..., errr, stuff just happens!

#9: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 pm
    ----
Nice MR policeman came to see me today to get my statement. all good and it doesnt look like I will be charged with anything as nobody can see how?why it happened and its not a driver error just as pumpkin so aptly put it sh...,err just happens!!!

#10: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 pm
    ----
Very Happy Glad to hear you are ok and that the law did not try to take their "pound of flesh" from you.I gave up on stock trucks back in the late eighties-I don't even like to haul my horse around anymore.Mostly to do with other drivers that don't have a clue.Hopefully the insurance adjusters won't try to make this something about you.They can have their own agenda sometimes!Good luck.
TRBLSHTR

#11: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:16 pm
    ----
Wowzers! Glad you are ok! I've been in a couple vehicles that have rolled, its a wild experience for sure with quite the "pucker factor". Glad your boss is being great about it and IMO, its good they traced it to a bad rim rather than blaming the driver or somesuch.

-DallanC

#12: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm
    ----
the guys that were following me were great witnesses they had just complained to each other about how slow the truck was going when she tipped. thanks for the good thoughts guys back into it tomorrow!!

#13: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 am
    ----
Looks like you dodged one Elvis.
Good for you on that one.

Also good to hear that you are in the clear.

God Bless,

Eric

#14: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 am
    ----
Good to hear you're ok Elvis, and in the clear.

#15: Re: not a good feeling at all Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 pm
    ----
Glad to hear you werent hurt also glad no-one else was injured either.
Go buy a lotto ticket.
Cheers

-> Spam-O-Rama