Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:34 am
    ----
Good to hear you found a load for your rifle, when you get your game with it pictures with the rifle also.

#17: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:58 am
    ----
Thanks for helping me started with load data, OV1.

#18: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:52 pm
    ----
great job that man. now where is the pictures???

#19: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm
    ----
Here you go, Elvis. The rifle itself came in at 6lbs 13oz which was a bit more than I wanted. I may change the stock and fore grip to get the weight under 6 1/2 pounds. My goal was a modern-day 30-30 equivalent.

#20: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:21 pm
    ----
OOOhhh...shiny (well sorta). That us a sweet looking AR mate...I'm jealous, would love one but they aren't allowed in Australia.

Cheers, Vince

#21: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:12 pm
    ----
very sexy!!!!! looks great you have done a great job.

#22: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:03 am
    ----
I like!!

#23: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:14 am
    ----
Well, after a couple of trips to the range, I felt like my new 6.8 build was too heavy. I had used several "light weight" components but the total weight came in at 6 lbs 14 oz sans scope. This was above my 6 lbs 4 oz target. So I swapped out the stock, grip, and handguard and switched to olive drab to better match the 6 oz carbon handguard. These changes knocked 15 oz of the weight of the rifle. Now it handles like I want.

#24: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:19 am
    ----
I've also got 6 bullets that I'm going to play with. Here they are stacked up next to 3 bullets I typically use in my .270 Win. Its going to be fun checking out the performance of these "pills". Note, the monolithic copper bullets all have "bands" in them and their increased size for a given weight is noticeable.

#25: Re: Barnes 6.8mm SPC Loading Data Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 am
    ----
very nice.

-> Reloading Ammunition