Finally!!! Scirocco II
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:38 pm
    ----
I guess Swift jumped on the bandwagon and began making some REAL premium bullets. Their 1st attempt, in my opinion, was not that fruitful. I shot a couple of antelope with my 300 RUM and the 180 Scirocco at 3250 fps. Even at 350 yds velocity impact the bullets did not hold together that well. Foget about elk at 100 or less! Now they came out with the scirocco II and this bullet is much more stout (even though initiating of expansion velocities are at 1700 fps). Additionally it was redesigned for greater accuracy! We will see. However the 180 gr 30 cal bullet at 3300 fps impact looks great!!!!!

#2: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:01 pm
    ----
Scirocco II press release,

Swift Announces the “Next Generation……Scirocco II”

Precisely>>>>>>>

The Scirocco, announced in 1999, is one of the greatest innovations in hunting

bullets ever. Driven by determination and ingenuity, the folks at Swift created a product

with superior exterior ballistics and unparalleled terminal performance. Old-line bullet

companies rushed to follow Swift’s lead with attempts to duplicate the performance of

the original Scirocco.

Just as life is a process of continual improvement, the people at Swift

never accept the status quo, sign on to conventional wisdom or rest on their laurels. At

Swift, a desire to make the best possible bullet is the motivating force behind invention.

Now, Swift raises the bar even higher. The result is the “Next Generation……Scirocco II”. This new bullet retains the same sleek profile in and out. Load data remains exactly the same. Different is the overall performance with greater accuracy and dramatically advanced terminal expansion, shock and penetration. Nothing is as brutally tough with such a streamlined shape. Nothing out-performs a Scirocco II across an extreme range of velocities from 1700 to 3300 feet-per-second and more.
Time and experience pointed the way to dramatic advancements made possible with the latest technology, metallurgy and refined manufacturing process. The Scirocco II is better than anything out there, better than anything before. Touch and feel the difference, see the svelte finish and sharp lines. Witness the awesome advancement in performance.

#3: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:26 pm
    ----
user857371.wx7.registe..._Code=SC30

#4: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: Coyote_Hunter_Location: Franktown, CO PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 pm
    ----
I emailed Swift to see what the specific changes were but they aren't saying.

#5: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:45 am
    ----
this might help a little

http://www.swiftbullet.com/sirocco_intro.html

#6: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: Coyote_Hunter_Location: Franktown, CO PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:53 am
    ----
POP!! wrote:
this might help a little

http://www.swiftbullet.com/sirocco_intro.html

Nothing specific there. In my email I asked Swift to identify the specific changes that had been made - such as harder lead core or jacket? - but they declined.

#7: Re: Finally!!! Scirocco II Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:27 am
    ----
Afraid of industrial espionage huh? Shocked

-> Reloading Ammunition