Cannelur question
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Cannelur question Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm
    ----
A lovely piece of "old" wood. The darker lines are tiger stripes and turn gold if turned just right.

Last edited by Bushmaster on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: Cannelur question Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:19 am
    ----
Hey Bushaloopy, how long is the barrel on that lovely gun anyway? My Marlin has about a 20" barrel. Was just curious.

My 30-30 load is 34gr of BL-C(2) and 125gr flat nose hollow point

#18: Re: Cannelur question Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 am
    ----
Also 20"...

#19: Re: Cannelur question Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 am
    ----
Can you somewhere on the net find how old such a Winchester is by means of it's number? I too have such an old thing with a 20" barrel and a shaking trigger. But I have to admit that I use the jounger one with the 16" barrel more for hunting, but maybe that's because it has optics and the old one only irons and recently also an extra diopter sight. And with my eyes, aiming at paper is doable with a diopter, but I fear that without optics I'll take the wrong target while hunting.

#20: Re: Cannelur question Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Can you somewhere on the net find how old such a Winchester is by means of it's number? I too have such an old thing with a 20" barrel and a shaking trigger. But I have to admit that I use the jounger one with the 16" barrel more for hunting, but maybe that's because it has optics and the old one only irons and recently also an extra diopter sight. And with my eyes, aiming at paper is doable with a diopter, but I fear that without optics I'll take the wrong target while hunting.

oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm This site may help you

#21: Re: Cannelur question Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 am
    ----
Thanks, now I know he's born in 1976, so not so old after all.

On the other hand you're just as old as you feel yourself to be... works often Smile

#22: Re: Cannelur question Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 am
    ----
O K...If I can get this to work this should help you with the date of manufacture if your "shaking trigger" is a model 94. Mine shakes too. Sooo....

A note: If it was made from 1950 and before it will have the long forearm. 1951 and on it will have the short forearm.

Oooops...Wrong one...Try again.

#23: Re: Cannelur question Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:30 pm
    ----
wiki.answers.com/Q/How...r_Model_94

Good list here.

-> Reloading Ammunition