Crows near Halifax
-> Jokes & Humor

#1: Crows near Halifax Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm
    ----
Quote::
Well, this is not a pretty story, but they found about 200 dead crows near Halifax, and there was great concern about the possibility of “Avian Flu”. They had a Bird Pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief.

However, he did determine that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by impact with cars. The Province then hired a Ornithological Behaviorist to determine why there were such disproportionate percentages for “truck versus car” kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist determined the cause in very short order. When crows eat road kill, they always post a "look-out Crow" in a nearby tree, to warn of any impending danger.

His conclusion was that the lookout crow could easily say "Cah", but he could not say "Truck"!

Borrowed this from another site. Very Happy

Dimitri

#2: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm
    ----
bawahahahahaha

#3: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 am
    ----
oh that is just too punny.....
thankyou for the chuckle I really needed it today.

#4: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 am
    ----
Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

That is brilliant 'Mitri...absolutely brilliant mate.

Its a bit like seagulls when I go to the beach. The number of seagulls hit by buses seems to rise dramatically...not sure if it has anything to do with me throwing chips in front of passing buses when there is a crowd of seagulls around. Question Question Wink Wink Razz Razz Nuts Nuts

#5: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 am
    ----
Very Happy Good one D

#6: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: 10spotterminatorLocation: Redmond, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am
    ----
You got me hook line and sinker on that one ! Haha

#7: Re: Crows near Halifax Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm
    ----
Very Happy

-> Jokes & Humor