Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824029
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

A once in a lifetime trip - For ME
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Starting to cool off. Guess fall finally got here. Gotta coat Vince?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Vince made it over to my house at a little after 10:00 last night, and we turned in at 4:00 this morning...

Great guy! Learned a lot about Australia. We have several things on the agenda for today. If we don't get rained out, we should be able to see several hundred to over a thousand free ranging buffalo.... Bass Pro Shop.... Then the new Tulsa's Gathering Place.... Of course this will also be dependent on the weather, since we have storms moving through the area...
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

great to read he has made it that far...sure hope you have the cleaning gear handy to whipe the drool off your firearms when he sees them.

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^
Wot he said.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Man, drooling ain’t the word...I’m still trying to dry off my chin, and I’m halfway to Bushy’s place. As it was I fell hopelessly in love with a wee TC Encore carbine. Funds depending, I can see a TC moving into my gun safe one day.

It’s a real shame I didn’t have a couple of more days available that I could spend with David and his lovely wife, two of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We would have been able to head off down to the workshop and make some steel shavings.

Once again David, a heartfelt thank you to both Brenda and yourself for your hospitality, the day trips and for introducing me to a magnificent feed of catfish. I’m converted mate.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Wave Sniper Cheers Pistol Shooting Cheers ROFL Fencing Very Happy Shooting Cheers Hot damn!! What time...?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
radar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Great to see you’re having fun Vince. Enjoy the American hospitality

George Orwell
Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Thank you Vince! We miss you and sure wish that you could have hung around for a few more days, or even a week wouldn't have hurt our feelings one little bit!

Glad you liked that little Contender rifle I put together for Brenda. We wanted to take you to the range and let you run some rounds through it, but time was just way too short!

Glad you enjoyed the catfish!

You are more than welcome Vince, and it was our pleasure. We both very much enjoyed your company...

God Bless you Sir, and stay safe, and enjoy the rest of your travels...

David and Brenda
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Thank you David...more time would have been terrific, and I would love to put a few shots through Brenda's Contender, although it is probably a good thing that I didn't get to shoot it mate...I would want to take it home with me and would still be drooling.

I thoroughly enjoyed the couple of days I spent with you and Brenda mate. God Bless both of you and once again...thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

After an amazing couple of days with Deer Sniper and his lovely wife Brenda, and their two wee dogs, I hopped a bus from Tulsa Oklahoma to Springfield Missouri where I picked up a hire car to drive to Bushy's place.

A lovely drive, although they gave me a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. Scratch Scratch Driving down the highway I saw these two flashing red lights on the side of the road...turns out it was an Amish horse and cart merrily plodding along...certainly had me scratching my head in wonder.

I spent a great evening chatting with Bushy and his lovely wife...and getting a heap of love from their two dogs. Bushy and I spent the next day dumping some rubbish then visiting a mate of his who showed me some great guns. The afternoon was spent merrily plinking away on Bushy's private pistol range in his backyard. I haven't touched a pistol in over 10 years, and I have a lot of difficulty seeing the sights with my old eyes, but I hope I was able to acquit myself to an acceptable standard.

Looking forward to attending a gun show with Bushy and his mate next Saturday.

Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Well Vince, I think you ruined our 2 cocker spaniels. Every morning now, they run downstairs to the room you stayed in, circle the bed one time and start whining! I believe that they miss you about as much as we do...

Sure glad you got to send some rounds down range with Bushy. Sounds like fun for sure...
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

man it sounds like you are having a ball mate..... corrupting dogs all over the show....good man.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Deer Sniper wrote:
Well Vince, I think you ruined our 2 cocker spaniels. Every morning now, they run downstairs to the room you stayed in, circle the bed one time and start whining! I believe that they miss you about as much as we do...

Sure glad you got to send some rounds down range with Bushy. Sounds like fun for sure...

Gidday David... Embarassed sorry about the dogs mate...I generally get on well with dogs, and I'm having the same effect here at Bushy's place. Bushy's wife said I should feel blessed as her American Pit Bull bitch doesn't even get up on the lounge and lay with her the way she is with me.

I really enjoyed the plinking session with Bushy, and we had another today with a couple of rifles at his mate's place. Again, I think I acquitted myself acceptably with Bushy's .308 AR15 and his mate's single shot 45.70. It only took a couple of rounds to get on target (the "range" is a fairly steep downhill paddock of somewhere between 250 and 300 yards). We would have done more shooting but the rain beat us. It's OK to hunt in the rain, but it's not enjoyable when plinking. What surprised me was I was able to "see" the sights (peep sight and forward post) well enough with my dodgy eyes to be able to shoot with reasonable accuracy.

Elvis wrote:
man it sounds like you are having a ball mate..... corrupting dogs all over the show....good man.

Mate, I'm more than having a ball...I can't remember the last time I've been this relaxed...and yeah...having a lot of fun with mutley's everywhere mate.

As an aside...I was asked a question by the wife of one of Bushy's mates tonight. She asked what I have enjoyed the most since I have been over here. After thinking, "Damn, that's a loaded question"...I gave it a couple of seconds thought and the answer came to me in a flash...it's the people I've met so far...without a doubt the most wonderful people I've met in many a long year. To be honest I didn't really know what to expect when coming to the US, but knowing the sense of humour and general demeanor of the folks on here, I knew that I'd be pretty well OK. Well, "pretty well OK" doesn't even come close to describing the reception I have received at every stop.

I've had six stops now, with three of them being with members from The Nut, and I can honestly say I am humbled by the reception I have received every time. And, it's not just guys we know, it is also other's I am being introduced to along the way. I have met so many fine people since being here, but I must make mention of three.

When I arrived at Arkadelphia Rail Station in Arkansas, at 10pm at night, I asked the lone Station Attendant, and older guy, where I could order a taxi to get to my Hotel. He laughed and said, "The taxi driver isn't all that reliable, especially at this hour of the night" then said, not a problem, I'm locking up now so I'll drop you off. It was a 15 minute drive (and not out of his way I hope) and he would accept nothing more than a Thanks for the drive.

Another two absolutely wonderful people I have met are two friends of Bushy and his lovely SWMBO Deb...Larry and Karen...what amazing people. Larry has the driest sense of humour I have encountered in years, extremely funny, but he has a heart of gold, as does his wife. I'm really looking forward to attending a Gun Show with Bushy and Larry tomorrow in Springfield.

Today is Friday, and on Sunday I'm heading off to Columbia in Missouri to catch up with some other friends, then New York via Washington DC where I will pay my respects at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier...and wave to Don at the White House.

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

I'm thoroughly enjoying your updates Vince! And I'm not surprised that the Nuts are good people.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

If you want to meet some folks that are mean and nasty just get one of those MAGA hats and wear it out and about. The slime goes crazy when you have a make America great again hat or shirt on. A Trump shirt would do the same thing.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 6 of 11