Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Brownells Customer Service
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

I have ordered parts and accessories for years from Brownell's without ever having to resort to their customer service. It was inevitable that it would happen eventually, and it did.

I had ordered a set of magazine re-build kits to convert 7-round Officer's model .45 ACP magazines for flush- fit use in my Kahr CW45. What I got was the re-build kits for full-size Wilson magazines instead. It was obvious what the problem was...the parts numbers were identical between the two except that the ones I needed ended with a "C" while the other one didn't. Pretty easy for a stock puller to miss that one.

A phone call sorted things out and Brownell's shipped the correct ones (hand examined!) within hours. The only thing that could have made me a bit happier was if they had paid the return shipping for the other parts. Not a big deal, only a couple of bucks, but it would have been nice.

Considering the number of parts and etc. I have ordered over the years without a miss (except one front sight that was missing the roll-pin...manufacturer's error, not Brownell's and I had a drawer full of the right size anyway) this is remarkable as well as being reassuring for any further orders.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

I have done business with Brownell's for a long time as well as their spin off which is sinclair international and they always have great service and customer service up in montezuma iowa. Sometimes if I need a part and the weekend is coming up, I'll just drive there as it's not to far from me and drool at all the stuff they have.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

that is great service and I do have a sinclair manual laying around here hidden somewhere for me to drool over.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

It's not the product, it's what the Company does post sale when there's an issue that really matters. Customer's can get the same product and crummy service anywhere and proly won't be back, so when they get good service they do comeback- key to a company's success: repeat business. Similar issue with Mossy last week- ordered a shirt. Sent the wrong one. Called them on it and they said keep it and we'll send the right one. While I was on the phone my email pinged...inbox had a new invoice with the tracking number on the new shirt. Wow! I'll be back! I love reading these stories, esp the ones connected to our industries suppliers. The hunting community and it's suppliers have some awesome support. I can't recall the last time one of our suppliers didnt follow through on an issue and try and make it right.
BigBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

Any company or individual can make a mistake. The way they respond to your concerns regarding that mistake is what makes or breaks the reputation of a CS dept.
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

Just a quick follow-up...I received a check from Brownells in the mail yesterday for the amount of the return postage. I hadn't mentioned this to them, so my only tiny complaint was handled with class. Need to give credit where it is due!

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Brownells Customer Service Reply with quote

thankyou for the update, that is good PR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1