Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820723
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

The Tide is Changing
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Take a look at these gallup polls and notice the trends on handgun bans, semi-autos for the US.

Gallup Polls For Guns

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
lesterg3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Good news if you trust polls.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
PaulS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

It is a response to the concept of the coming apocolypse. Either monitary or social collapse. People think a gun will keep them safe. Most own one but know nothing about it - including how to load and fire it. Smile

Lets watch the trend....

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
MacD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Our government has announced they will scrap the long gun registry while retaining the current licensing system. I am okay with that as it will at least require minimum training in safety for gun owners. We all know it won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, nut jobs and the types that shouldn't be allowed to drive a car they are so inept. Safe storage requirements will remain as will restrictions on handguns etc.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

MacD wrote:
Safe storage requirements will remain as will restrictions on handguns etc.

While it's good that Canada is moving forward, I have to ask if Safe Storage also applies to knives, baseball bats, etc.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
MacD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Under the Criminal Code (all criminal law is federal here) all of those items can be considered weapons if used as such and also declared concealed weapons under certain circumstances. Of course they are pretty short range and limited in multiple lethality. If you store your samurai sword on the wall and some kid steals it to chop up the local drugstore clerk looking to score some oxy contin you probably won't be charged but I would expect a gaggle of tort lawyers to be at the funeral.

Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

sounds like Canada has similar laws to ours.
what the gun owning public needs is golf clubs to be used more in crime. imagine the out rage if you had to lock up the clubs in a safe the tees and balls in another, werent allowed to own more than 6 clubs and if you wanted to own a putter you had to have an alarm system in your home, and were only allowed to use it on a regestered cource and had to keep it secured while you visited the 19th hole. ROFL

Fireman_DJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Hey, you forgot the limit on the number of balls they can have at any one time.
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
what the gun owning public needs is golf clubs to be used more in crime. imagine the out rage if you had to lock up the clubs in a safe the tees and balls in another, werent allowed to own more than 6 clubs and if you wanted to own a putter you had to have an alarm system in your home, and were only allowed to use it on a regestered cource and had to keep it secured while you visited the 19th hole. ROFL

Fireman_DJ wrote:
Hey, you forgot the limit on the number of balls they can have at any one time.

Great minds think alike, my version of heaven.
Perhaps when the friggin lawyers and politicians are restricted in their pursuits and treated as criminals their view on inanimate objects will change.
Lets not forget the amount of water and poo required to keep a golf course.
Perhaps a danger template and extended safety zone for errant golf balls and a restriction on any "Wood" after all a wood is a long range weapon and could be used for sniping.....

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
lesterg3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

I am unsure what "safe storage" means.

My son-in-law said he wanted to get a gun safe to keep all his firearms in.

I said that sounded like a great idea, that way when the government came to get his guns they would know exactly where to look.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
BigBlue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

lesterg3 wrote:

I said that sounded like a great idea, that way when the government came to get his guns they would know exactly where to look.

If the government wants to have soldiers that are willing to kill their fellow citizens for the sake of strict gun control, according to that poll, they better start recruiting non-gun owning female Democrats that live in the east and are 50+ years old. Evil Devil
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

lesterg3 wrote:

well thats not as dumb as it sounds... when I last got my firearms licence renewed the person who inspected my gun cabinet gave me a big green sticker that said remember to notify police when you change adress to re register your firearms(or something along those lines) and asked me to put it on the door of the cabinet Evil or Very Mad I stuck it on the back Very Happy thats like a neon sign saying guns in here come and get them to a burgler...DOH...

dan1dad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:

problem is golf clubs are used for leisure by to many. Think of it, thousands more people are killed each year by automobiles in America, and no one wants to ban them cause they would have to walk their fat butts to the store. But a gun, that is used to probably kill nearly as many people as die in bathtub fall deaths a year is an easy target.
Knives, bats, clubs, shovels, even pencils are all used to kill people every year. But no outcry. Its only the "evil" firearm. Never the evil person who uses it.
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

"Its only the "evil" firearm. Never the evil person who uses it."

Never let the facts get in the way of a one eyed UN driven crusade to see the common man disarmed and only the Govt with any weapons.

I have yet to see any inanimate object suddenly get up and cause injury without someone's hand on it.

You yanks are a thorn in the side of the faceless men with their new world order agenda (its in there just read any UN treaty to see disarmament of the civilian population is mentioned), Your founding fathers did a spectacular job when they wrote your constitution, no such luck here I'm afraid, we cant even get a bill of rights as apparently its too limiting.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: The Tide is Changing Reply with quote

Polls- tools used by the regime and media to bring things, that normally fly under the radar, to the attention of the unwashed masses thus spurring ignorant opinion by armchair internet hate-commandos. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE 2A SAYS WE CAN ARM OURSELVES. These polls and studies are lame wastes of money- regardless of the outcome, there's no such thing as an unbiased sample because not everyone has a say. Only a chosen few's POV get published.

Who the **** care's what "others" think about MY firearms and MY INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to self protection and ownership????

STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY AND OUT OF MY LIFE AND YOU WILL HAVE ZERO PROBLEMS. THIS GOES FOR POLLERS, THE GOVT, EVERYONE.

Got a problem with that and dont like the Constitution or Bill of Rights? Get on over to China, tell the UN I said SUCK IT or......

old-come-and-take-it.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.4 KB
 Viewed:  9839 Time(s)

old-come-and-take-it.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2