Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Let us remember our warrior dead!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A17Shooter

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

Most recently:

Oscar Nance, MCPO, a veteran of WW!!, Korea, Vietnam. 26 years of US Navy service.

Peter Brewer, MCPO, a veteran of Vietnam. 26 years of US Navy service.

Please post the veterans you would like to remember.

Gary

grimel

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

Fred Daniels, WWII Pacific Theater USMC

All the living WWII vets.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Gil Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

Smiley Kovalchik, Master Chief U.S. Navy in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. He was my neighbor and best friend.
Gil

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

While I mourn those who gave their lives in the name of freedom, I am happy everyone I know who reciently fought in Iraq have returned safely.

God bless those who died and bless their familys in their time of loss.

-DallanC
Flint54

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

There is no one recently that I know personally but I would like for all to remember for a few moments not only all those who gave the ultimate price in battle, but to remember those who sacrifice every day & night, no matter the conditions or weather. The Men & Women of the United States Coast Guard are at battle every day with the elements to save the lives of those in distress. There have been many who have not returned and all have given their lives attempting to save the lives of complete strangers. The hardest thing I've done is to get in my Dress Blues and accompany The Commanding Officer & Chaplain to inform the family of the loss of their spouse. These individuals will never be forgotten by me or their comrads. God Bless each and every individual lost from the beginning battles for this country to the last lost in service to their country and fellow man.
delboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

Perhaps everyone can raise a smile for my old man? He was in Burma in WW2 helping to fight the Japs - or hiding from them, never been sure which as he won't speak about it but I get the feeling that he saw some pretty bad shit over there. He was 91 last January and is still going and active, not only does he still have his own teeth and hair but the old bastard still doesn't wear glasses!! I see the old fart every weekend and am real proud of him. Hope all your folks do as well or better!

grimel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

delboy wrote:
Perhaps everyone can raise a smile for my old man? He was in Burma in WW2 helping to fight the Japs - or hiding from them, never been sure which as he won't speak about it but I get the feeling that he saw some pretty bad shit over there.

My uncle (the Fred mentioned above) was in the Pacific. He talked very little about it to his brothers, sisters, and wife. They talk even less about it until some retard starts jabbering about how mean/cruel the US service men are in combat.

What I know: My uncle was sleeping under a vehicle (for safety) and had to shoot at least one Jap who had entered camp yelling me filipino (our allies) "unarmed" for their food and safety - until night came and my uncle just happened to wake up by some act of God and shot the ba$tard as he was crawling under the vehicle with a dagger out and bloody. This happened with alarming frequency. Then there were the fight to the last man battles where he and to shoot people with no ammo who wouldn't give up.

Anyone who doesn't think the WWII vets (and any combat vet) didn't have conditions for PTSD need to come back to reality. That was a tough old bunch, we need more of them.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

GroovyJack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

We lost my dad in May of 1999 , he would have been 96 this September . He was B-17/29 aircrew , as far as I know he never spoke a word to anyone .
Never had the guts to ask either . His brother was Airborne worked with French Underground . Lost him in 1992 . Mother's brother was a medic in the ETO , was on the beach D Day ( HHMM just four days away ) ..
Been doing some research on my cousins wifes fathers crew . Lost in English Channel 03/08/1943 . I can tell you from all I have dug up on these guys ,, buddy they caught it ...
We owe them more than we can ever repay ..
I salute them each and everyone ..
Jack

delboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

Hey Groovy - We owe them............. What really brings it home is something my dad said a year or two back which I have never forgotten. It was "You get what you pay for in life. I look at the country now and wonder if what we paid wasn't too much for what we got." I found that pretty profound for someone (at the time) kicking 90 and overdue on the senile bit. Sometimes he's too cute for his own good - but he's right.........

grimel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Let us remember our warrior dead! Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of meeting one of the original Mauraders back in the mid 1990's. The elderly man was up around 90. Still full of spunk.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1