Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824587
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Young Hunters
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Young Hunters Reply with quote

I took my daughter hunting again this year and am proud of her participating in a family tradition. Most young girls don't think of going out hunting is something that is politically correct but I am glad she is not one of them. The joy in my Father's eyes when he sees her is enough that I don't care if I ever shoot another deer as long as she has a good time and continues to participate. I live 2 Provinces away from both my Daughter and my Father but make a point of going back for a week of hunting. She was only able to go 1 day with us but that was enough for her to take a small buck and make that smile on both Dad's and my faces (has taken 4 shots at deer and has taken 3). It is important that we all take the time to pass on a honourable tradition to a youth so that they to can experience what the rest of us have and carry the torch. Enjoy reading these threads even though I don't post very often. Keep up the good work. I will try to add a pictue of her and her deer.
Northern Canuck

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Well done to your daughter mate. She has herself a nice looking wee beastie there. Unusual arrangement of antlers...was one side lost in a fight or similar?

I wish any one of my 4 daughters would come hunting with me.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Glad to see there are girls out there that like to hunt! And good for you taking her out too. Very Happy

As for your comment just having your dad and daughter having fun while hunting and you not getting another deer, well sounds to me like your really hunting now! Cause if your outdoors and deer or not if your having a good time with the people your hunting with its a good day in my books! Very Happy

Northern Canuck wrote:
Most young girls don't think of going out hunting is something that is politically correct

I just heard the understatement of the year. Don't get me started about girls my age and hunting. I've had quite a number of VERY upset girls start doing what many girls do best (whine/complain/b***h) because they asked what I liked to do as hobbies and mentioned hunting. Most girls will call a guy who hunts everything from a odd ball, to a idiot, to a freak, to a killer, to a criminal. Shocked

Dimitri

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Great story Very Happy . Congrats to your daughter on a fine deer.
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
ElyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Congratulations Canuck.
Maybe your Daughter and Dimitri should get together some day sense they both share the same moral values.

Next year will be the first time that my Daughter will be old enough to hunt deer.
I hope that she has the same attitude as your fine girl has.

You are a good Pop.

Eric

NRA Life Member
Northern Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Vince
Her horns were strange indeed. I wish that the left horn had not broken off as it had that drop tang with the point below. The main beam was broke off about 2-3 inches from the base, looks like maybe in a tussle. It came right in on us when I rattled and grunted so it didn't look like he was scared to try.
She was the only one from our family to shoot a deer (several were passed up but didn't tell her that) so you can imagine how much teasing my 2 brothers and father have had to endure. It's quite funny to hear. I am sorry to hear that you have not had the same luck as myself with the female hunting scene. Sometimes it can look like a burden to others (backpack full of snacks, drink boxes, extra clothes, toilet paper etc) but I would not change a thing. Her younger sister has come out a few years but university and the drive to Manitoba kept us from all being there this year. I am not going to be greedy, happy that one of them could make it out. As for your girls, keep trying as it is a great bonding time.

Northern Canuck
jsmurphy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

That is awesome. Congratulations on being able to enjoy the outdoors with your daughter.

Northern Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

ElyBoy
Have you got a rifle picked out for your Daughter for next year or has she already have one? It's nice because a guy can go out and buy a few new things that normally the wife may not approve of because they are for the Daughter Wink
Northern Canuck
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Young Hunters Reply with quote

Northern,

I must remember that when I get married to use as a excuse. Laughing

Dimitri

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 1 of 1