No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted.
By Popular Demand: Discussions related to Varmint Hunting
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: zeroing my .243 for prairie dogs Reply with quote

What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. I sure am getting tired of the EDITING etc. Mad This is the only place that does that...............!

coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

Quote::
What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. I sure am getting tired of the EDITING etc. ?This is the only place that does that...............!

1895ss

As this the Varmint forum, I’m assuming you are talking about the off topic posts I deleted here. This happened several days after the new “Hunting Nut Rules and Guidelines” went into effect. This was done to clean up the “fluff” that had accumulated over time here.

Trust me, ON topic posts will never be deleted or edited by me.

In the future, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

coyotehunter_1

1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

Of all the forums I frequent this is the only one that seems to enjoy deleting or editing. In other places it doesn't seem to matter if you go off topic a bit. Ask your Moderators popgun and GroovyJack about that. Here's an example.
www.australianhunting....php?t=2295

coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

1895ss,

I feel I have explained why the old OT posts were deleted.
Please click on the link in my last post and read the rules.

1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

Whatever..............................................................................................

squirrelbait

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

Coyotehunter, hang in there, I tend to side with you. It really bugs me when some interested topic is started and gets carried away by some complete tangent discussion.
thanks
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

People need to realize that the rules against spam, tangents, offensive content etc etc ONLY came into existance AFTER we started getting alot of complaints about it. Yes I realize that among a couple people here they dont mean to offend, but its their good natured personalities that sometimes lead discussions astray. They are good people and I am glad they visit and participate here.

In this case a comment was made that could be taken two ways, as a joke or being serious. There wasnt a "smilie" or any mention that it might be a joke so it was assumed to be said in seriousness, and it was something that some people could be offended over.

I stand by the mods decision to make adjustments but I would remind them if a post is deleted they need to make a post saying the reason why. That way the poster feels wronged he can discuss the situation with the mod or with me over it.

As far as editing posts I rarely do it and its usually just to blank out questionable words (replacing "poop" with "xxxx" for example), I never change sentance structure or meaning of a members post. If you feel your posts are being overly "censored" please contact me via email or PMs and we can discuss it.

I absolutely do not want HuntingNut to be known as a censored site where people cant speak their minds. I can and do encourage this but in order to offend as few of people as possible, some rules sadly have to exist. Hopefully everyone conciders them fairly mild, if not well lets discuss it.

-DallanC
popgun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

1895ss,
I deleted the post you are refering to for the reason stated by Dallen. I also removed your reference to it because it made no sense after the previous post was removed. You are right, these forums are not like every other but this is not the only forum where moderators remove posts that are intended to take the subject way off topic. Note that your entire post was not deleted. The on topic information remains.

For everyone, like Dallen said, when you go off topic you are hijacking a thread. How hard is it to start a new subject of your own instead of hijacking someone elses thread?

I said it last week and I will repeat it now. If everyone followed the simple posting rules then Dallen and the moderators could spend more time enjoying the forums instead of having to explain themselfs each time a moderator has to act to maintain a friendly forum.

If you need any more info please PM me directly.

View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
1895ss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

There.............. now does EVERYONE understand?

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

Howdy I can't comment about the post's stated above as I don't moderate this fourm but in general there has bin complaints on off topic posting and most of it Has no topic at all, it's people chatting in the middle of a topic. I agree with them It's frustrating to attempt to read about a topic and have half the post's 2 or 3 people chatting about nothing. Thats what instant messaging and chat rooms are for. I don't think any mod here enjoys deleting or editing posts (witch is done with the fourms best interest in mind) but none the less has to be done. Curse words get edited, offensive post's and spam get deleted this is a public fourm. Dallan has created a respectful web site for people who enjoy hunting and shooting and as mods we are just trying to keep it that way. I'm sorry if some of you don't see that but the decisions made are in the best overall interest of the site.
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with all the posts getting edited or deleted. Reply with quote

squirrelbait,
Thank you for your input and support! Smile

Chet

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting
Page 1 of 1