Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

450,000,000 40 cal cartriges
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesterg3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

That’s a bunch of bullets, the nearest figure I can find for the number of DHS employees is around 200,000, but then that figures to about 38 rounds per employee per month for the next 5 years. Still sound enormous to me.

From The Business Insider;

Quote::

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office is getting an "indefinite delivery" of an "indefinite quantity" of .40 caliber ammunition from defense contractor ATK.

U.S. agents will receive a maximum of 450 million rounds over five years, according to a press release on the deal.

The high performance HST bullets are designed for law enforcement and ATK says they offer "optimum penetration for terminal performance."

This refers to the bullet's hollow-point tip that passes through barriers and expands for a bigger impact without the rest of the bullet getting warped out of shape: "this bullet holds its jacket in the toughest conditions."

We've also learned that the Department has an open bid for a stockpile of rifle ammo. Listed on the federal business opportunities network, they're looking for up to 175 million rounds of .223 caliber ammo to be exact. The .223 is almost exactly the same round used by NATO forces, the 5.56 x 45mm.

The deadline for earlier this month was extended because the right contractor just hadn't come along.

Looks like the Department of Homeland Security means business.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
Eremius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

I agree it sounds like an enormous amount but I think you could easily burn that in 1-2 range days per week, per employee over the five years.

I'm always surprised by how quickly my ammo disappears when I go to the range Shocked
Suzanne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

If you add that to Ruger's 1 million orders for firearms, we're lookin at a price hike and shortage, just before an election....how convenient!! Here's a rumor I found;

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 8:27 PM

Subject: Government buying out all the 5.56 Military surplus ammo and is telling ammo dealers to stop selling to their vendors and civilians.

I have been calling allot of ammo distributors and ALL of them are telling me that our government is [buying out] all the 5.56-.223 cal military surplus ammo. And they’re also telling the ammo distributors stop selling the ammo to civilians and their vendors because the government is buying it all up from everyone they can. I have also spoken with theses ammo dealers and they told me that the 5.56 and .223 ammo is going way up in price.

For instance…I paid $149.00 for federal surplus 440 rounds of steel core and now at the gun show today it was selling for $440.00 for 420 rounds. I have checked and ALLOT of places online are out of the Military surplus ammo by federal [including] M193 and M855 SS109 ammo. I did find one place still carrying both these ammo’s and good prices still, but they’re the only place I could find. If interested let me know and Ill forward the info.

I was also told by the same ammo dealers that the government is going to buy all the 9mm and .45 ammo up, so hurry and buy while you can at the lower prices while still available. Guess if they won’t take our guns because they figure that there are some many out there, they will just buy all most popular military calibers. Can’t shoot a gun with no ammo…stock up now while you still can.

Well the guy wants to be anonymous so I call it a rumor, there's an awful lot of scare going on right now, and it all has to do with the up-coming election. I have not seen any shortage of ammo in the gun stores or in the gun shows. Actually if you ask me, I'd say the recent up-tic in scare comes from the mere thought of Obama being re-elected, but why is the government betting on him being re-elected? Well he's a confident, calculating, careful sort of guy who knows what will happen if he stays the course and keeps his footing. All hell will break loose against the government. Doesn't he know that we're a bigger army than he is? I'm sure he does.

During the Clinton years Ruger was part of an advisory for the assault weapons ban. They didn't ban the Mini-14....HHHhhmmmmm. Ruger just came out with a new 10-22, so we can have something more docile to play with? Just a thought, but for some reason Ruger gets a huge government order that actually stops regular production? Smells fishy. And that ammo order is for 5yrs.....administration (if re-elected) gets 4 yrs, they should probably buy from overseas too, doesn't sound like enough to me. Bring it on boys!!

Suz

lesterg3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

I still think this is an enormous amount of ammo, if as I suspect that 70 to 80% of DHS employees are butt sitters, and have never held or fired a weapon. Let alone had a thought that wasn’t given them by the powers that be, No, I’m wrong, let's see who does the government hires for such jobs as the DHS, TSA and etc.

So OK, here's my paranoid best. DHS is buying up arms and ammo at an unprecedented pace, and there is an election coming up---what's the FBI buying, lox and bagels I suppose, and oh yeah the CIA who are not supposed to operate in the USA, yeah right, And what about the domestic military organizations that report to the DHS such as the Coast Guard, and the National Guard, I wonder. So as of today they can spy on us without a warrant, Barry can put us in prison on a whim; if Barry is really pissed off can put out a contract on us. One question, if he has me killed do my Veteran benefits still apply?

Then you have all the kr-p going on in the Middle East and a new Primer in N Korea, and once I am re-elected we can work out a deal so Russia will have the upper hand in Nuclear arms just to make you feel safer (oops, was that my outside voice) and so on, and so on, etc., etc. It doesn't matter where you look there is trouble in Center City.

And, so Barry decides that he needs to implement martial law because of the terrorist threat (not because everyone with a ¼ brain wants him out of office and might even consider voting for Hitler, or any other corrupt SO-), this is a National Security threat, then there's that threat over there, and oh I’m afraid this one is a concern to the safety of the people. Oh and yeah Barry’s constipated, and he’s angry at Sam (can’t remember if this was his real name) the Plumber for working his a—off and making money, and Michelle isn’t given him any cause he won’t outlaw chicken tenders (sorry McDonalds), past voter fraud, and suspected upcoming voter fraud (only conservative votes though), and oh I forgot Rush pissed him off the other day when Rush told the truth, and any number of other reasons a deceitful Marxist, fascist, SO- can come up with. What do ya think, can I trust him? For sure he’s welcome for dinner at my house any night, we'll cook the hormone lace chicken with solar power and he can even give the blessing, English please no Farsi.

I have to ask what it takes to motivate people, Black Panthers forcing people away from voting and no action by the AG, Fast and Furious, what a debacle and tied to the AG’s involvement (sorry, I didn’t get that e-mail) and why is he still in office, oh yeah affirmative action, or is it “we hire the stupid (that is mild what I meant was corrupt)”. Bowing to other leaders (bow?, bite me (completely deleted) I’m the president of the USA), buying General Motors, giving billions to bankrupt solar companies, spending more than any other president in history and driving the USA into unprecedented debt. The list is just too long to continue. The only reason the unemployment rate isn’t higher is because the Treasury is hiring they’re running the printing presses 24 hours a day. I want to know who supplies the paper to the Treasury; I want to buy stock in that company, oh and the ink too. Bush was stupid, but this guy is evil.

And then there's Romney, better known around here as Obama Light. It’s a done deal he will be the next Republican (LOL and FOMALOL) nominee for president. Oh Yeah I’m really excited now.

Speaking frankly, I might be going a bit overboard being concerned, but then I am just a crotchety old man and everything frightens me, yeah you bet. If I'm wrong great Halleluiah and pass the potatoes, but if I'm right I won't be sad either, pass the brass please.

Just a paranoid old man, speaking out, sorry if I have offended anyone. That was my exact intention. I can only pray for more Hope and Change. Pass the Kool-Aid please.

Now, forgive me but I need to go look up why one book lists Titegroup at a max load of 4.5grs, and my notes say it is 4.8 grs. Ya know something really important.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
pete4d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

some of the best prices around

www.ammoman.com/c/8/223-556

w/shipping included = 189.00 = 420 rounds

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

I'm on the watch list are you ?
ElyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

I agree with Suzanne.

I'm not a doom and glummer, but I don't trust Eric Holder or the President one bit.

Both have proven that they don't mind going against our Constitution.

Eric

NRA Life Member
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

just as well you can still buy 7.62x39mm .308 30/06 7.62x54 r etc etc etc not to mention the good old .303 and .12ga and the humble .22 ammo has never been hard to get anytime Ive looked. how many rounds do you actualy want to have stored up??? If I have a few hundred rounds of .223 and 500 of .22 maybe 50 of .270 and 500 of shotty I know I wont even look like useing it up in 12 mounths. with work and family commitments there is just not enough time in the day. If you want to burn up loads of powder at the range you might be having to look harder or just aim abit better quality not quantity (oops that sounds like a woman) Very Happy
yip there COULD be a hidden agenda but my advice would be to get what you think you need to feel secure and put it in the cupboard or where ever then only use what you can replace if it makes you feel more secure. I dont intend to rain on the parade but this is almost paranoia Sad

pete4d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

When ya have nut cases such-as Al Sharpton and rev. Jackson, preaching their brand of civil-disobedience , we'll be stock piling here in the states.

articles.orlandosentin...ssociation

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

I'm on the watch list are you ?
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 450,000,000 40 cal cartriges Reply with quote

yes a interesting link. now where are the authorities who have these anti terrorism laws or does organised civil disobediance come under another department???
the comments posted under the article are sure to be raising some red flags not only to supporters but in govt departments too.
we do also have some radical fellas out there who need to be pulled into line its only a matter of time as some have stepped pretty close to it recently and look to have got away with thier actions. one heavily tattoed ugly has been shown on national news on more than one occasion shooting the NZ flag on a marae which is a public place
now thats two laws broken straight away so he deserves all the crap that WILL come his way soon enough. Im sure our police are just biding thier time till the rope given gets used to hang him with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 1