Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824116
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting?
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

10Ring,

Sorry I didnt make it clear. I'm joining the Canadian Navy after college. And the side arm for the Navy is the P225 or P226 depending on what they feel like issueing to you. Smile

So I'm going to get a SIG so I can practice all I want with there pistol and then practicing/getting used to mine will be almost not needed lol Laughing

Dimitri
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Oh i heard ya loud and clear......i just threw that in for good measure Laughing Razz ROFL

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

10Ring,

heh ok. Tell me though what makes Ed Brown so special they get to charge a arm and a leg ?? Confused

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

515034s10ring...I am just great by God...And you??? And by the way polymer is a high tech plastic...As a Deezel Inginear I have to know these things.

Dimitri...DON'T LISTEN TO US...FOR GOD'S SAKE... Fencing ROFL

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Bushmaster,

Thanks for the sign of consern but its too late. ROFL

Dimitri

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Well actually, if ya ever have the chance to shoot one, you'll see why Very Happy
Attention to detail is absolutely top notch...not saying that others are not, however the ones i "borrowed" (for a LOOOOONG time) from my bud were just awesome!

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Dimetri...LOL You remind me of an 18 year old apprentice mechanic under my wing at work...Yer doin' good....

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

10Ring,

Ok. Well if I had 5,000$ to spend on firearms I'll look them up Wink

Bushmaster,

Do you do any mechining ?? Confused If so I wanna know about mechining! I'm taking Tool and Die (Mechining) in college and would be interested to learn more then my textbooks offer Smile

Dimitri
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
515034s10ring...I am just great by God...And you??? And by the way polymer is a high tech plastic...As a Deezel Inginear I have to know these things.

Dimitri...DON'T LISTEN TO US...FOR GOD'S SAKE... Fencing ROFL

Good Lord, don't corrupt the poor boy with high tech talk....Geeze, he might actually find out that "alloy" is the high tech name for pop cans (or soda cans in yer neck of the woods Laughing ) Shocked

Dimitri...Bushmaster suffers from .......something..... and doesn't realize were not really talking to eachother, but typing.....so stop reading what we write ROFL Hiding Fart Howdy

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
10Ring,

Ok. Well if I had 5,000$ to spend on firearms I'll look them up Wink

Bushmaster,

Do you do any mechining ?? Confused If so I wanna know about mechining! I'm taking Tool and Die (Mechining) in college and would be interested to learn more then my textbooks offer Smile

Dimitri

5K will get ya started Very Happy And believe it or not, in tool and die, a text book can't teach you what hands on can! I that field you learn mostly by feel and sound and looks, not by text. Yeah, i was born into it with almost 90% of my family, including my dad and brother being die makers/engineers and me just falling into it when i was younger, then getting out of it because it makes you an even better gunsmith. Cool

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

10Ring,

I went to 3 highschools, the one that effected me the most was the one I went to in Grade 9. My teacher in my first term automotive class was great. Took him 2nd term for grade 10 automotive as well. Smile

Anyways he is the one that got me to want to do Tool and Die. Playing with the metal working machines that he let me was quite fun.

Anyways any tips/advice from the both of you would be great. Very Happy

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Aah Geezzzz!!! Dimitri. No... I'm a Master Marine/Industrial Diesel Mechanic. I have machining skills as this is part of my vocation. I would not try to tell you how to machine anything...Get your schooling and learn to think both inside and outside the box...I'm just an old horseman lookin' foreward to retirement (Shutup 10ring)...A lot of what I've learned is obsolete. This is the place that I tell you that "I've forgotten more then you will ever learn"...When you reach retirement age you will understand this old (boast) adage...515034s10ring is just a baby in diapers in need of changing... ROFL

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Bushmaster,

I understand. But personally I want to learn as much as possible and learning old and unique things from you and others who are older that arnt covered in textbooks is a good thing. Very Happy

I've learnt how to put a engine back together with the timing marks stripped proprely. Now I've never tried the method logicilly it should work. By asking questions and lisening to my "elders" Razz

Dimitri
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

What ?? Did they teach you to time an engine with no timing marks or when a vibration dampener has slipped using a secondary pointer and a degree wheel?

Well...I'll be damned...

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Carry a Sidearm when Hunting? Reply with quote

Bushmaster,

My teacher told us "outside" of the course metirals that if there were no timing marks we were to put the piston in the most compressed posistion (upwards) position and then put the valve cam's in the most closed position for the first cylender to time it. Smile

It makes sense I think never tried it though. Sad

What is this "vibration dampener" ?? Confused I want to know how to do that procedure Very Happy

Dimitri
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 5 of 7