SNOW
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: SNOW Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:47 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
My god I've created a monster.......

Haha Laughing Haha Laughing Haha Laughing Haha Laughing

RePete could'a told ya to go to buggery instead of bugger off Pete...now that just might raise some eyebrows mate. Very Happy Laughing

#47: Re: SNOW Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 pm
    ----
I think we need a glossary for all the Kiwi, Aussie slang and abuse we deal out to each other. You need to understand that we give each other a lot of grief verbally but underneath we're ANZACs and will always stand next to each other in a time of crisis.

I'd suggest we start something on the Jokes page because this will take some explaining…..whilst creating a good laugh

Vince - you start! you've got plenty of experience at being up the ladder - I think thats where we will end up…….

#48: Re: SNOW Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:12 pm
    ----
Brit too!

#49: Re: SNOW Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm
    ----
Way to go Suz!
I am proud of ya.

And ya can't bugger that up!

#50: Re: SNOW Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:02 pm
    ----
We FINALLY got a decent storm here. Dropped 48" in the mts, turned to rain at my homes elevation which just made a slushy mess. Its a good start, we need a few more like it to get the spring run-off we'll need to replenish the lakes.

-DallanC

#51: Re: SNOW Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:52 pm
    ----
Good stuff Dallan. Hopefully you guys won't have the problem we did when the rains started falling...they came so hard and fast that the didn't soak in, they just run off into floods downstream. I reckon you need a week of gentle rain that will soak into the ground and let the heavier rains do the good that is needed.

#52: Re: SNOW Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 pm
    ----
I got two days of snow accumulated to 8 inches then an entire day of freezing rain to top it off. So there's about 1/2" of ice on top of the snow. Been hearing and watching trees break and power outages all day. Very fortunate here (so far) to still have power. The power lines are being broken by the weight of the ice and by tree limbs falling on them. Very interesting day walking around the neighborhood (in the street, where the cars leave a path) looking at all the downed trees and tree limbs. Quite a thunder when those limbs break and all that ice shatters with it as it falls. I swear every time I go outside I hear one break. My yard has fir, cedar and redwood trees in the front yard. Usually the fir trees break, but I've only had a few smaller limbs come down.

Ice Sux
Suz

#53: Re: SNOW Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 am
    ----
Getting hit again.. 11" on the deck at 6am and still coming strong its suppose to change to sleet/freezing rain/ rain/ and back to snow tonight wtf

#54: Re: SNOW Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 am
    ----
That'll make for a good combination on the ground.

#55: Re: SNOW Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 am
    ----
This stuff is nasty Sad , The plow truck keeps getting stuck he waited a little to long to start and now there's over a foot of snow and its raining now. The only way I can get around is on the four wheeler.. I might get a four day weekend from this storm

#56: Re: SNOW Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 am
    ----
It's 80 degrees in CA today! There is more snow in Atlanta than Sochi!

You guy stay safe!!

#57: Re: SNOW Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:03 pm
    ----
Snowing like crazy here now. About an hour ago we had 3" of snow on top of a layer of ice, on top of another 5-6" of snow. We've had another 1-2" since then. It took me 95 minutes to drive 22 miles yesterday. I only slid once but the traffic was terrible, people stuck all over. I got run off onto the shoulder four times by folks driving down the middle of the road that wouldn't stop or move over. Passed through about a half dozen wrecks. I think I'll keep it parked at home today.

#58: Re: SNOW Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 pm
    ----
People are totally crazy, driving like that. I saw that here too, and people going way too fast for the conditions, just throw caution to the wind and bully your way through. I stayed home for 3 days till it got better. Lucky here to have weather influence from the coast. The other side of the mountain had it pretty darned cold and we've now got temps in the mid 50s but getting lots of rain. Storm after storm lined up to whack us with rain and wind but at least it's not that cold. Feel sorry for you guys in the midsection and east coast, that would be too much for me. Been a long winter and it's only just begun for you guys.

Suz

#59: Re: SNOW Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 am
    ----
The last two days have been 45 - 55F with some wind but not bad. We got a few sprinkles from the rain but not enough to make any puddles. I have been putting insulation in the garage!

#60: Re: SNOW Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 am
    ----
Good time to do it Paul, at least the in roof temps will be bareable unlike here at 36 deg C out side and 50+ deg C in the roof space.

-> General