Another Squirrel Hunt
-> Small Game Hunting

#1: Another Squirrel Hunt Author: Mudcreek PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:42 pm
    ----
youtu.be/TdUgsN1H60A

This is some video of my kills(minus 2. 1 was zoomed in to much and the other I didn't even record it happened too quick)My buddy got a limit with his shotgun though.

#2: Re: Another Squirrel Hunt Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 pm
    ----
That was some great off-hand shooting!

#3: Re: Another Squirrel Hunt Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:57 am
    ----
I always hated digging shot pellets out of my squirrel and rabbit meat. Always hunted with a .22LR even though I didn't get as many as with a shotgun. Nice hunt MC.

#4: Re: Another Squirrel Hunt Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:49 am
    ----
SJ, once you find your way to harvest rabbits using a headshot, there's no way back. Nobody likes the blood (and all other nasty stuff) in their cleaned rabbit.
On the other hand a few friends, a shotgun, a dog (and a ferret?) and some rabbits: a recipe for a lot of fun.
But I got the feeling that you Americans often leave the dog out of your hunting and that's something I cannot imagine doing myself.

#5: Re: Another Squirrel Hunt Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:28 pm
    ----
Aloys, I think there are some pretty strict rules regarding using digs for hunting in a lot of areas in the US.

Here in Australia, digs are an everyday part of hunting, but mainly for pigs.

-> Small Game Hunting