Heading to North Dakota
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#16: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:05 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
I'm almost as jealous as Stovey mate.

This might become a "new cliche"... jealous as Stovey... Smile

#17: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Vince wrote:
I'm almost as jealous as Stovey mate.

This might become a "new cliche"... jealous as Stovey... Smile

Haha Haha Haha

#18: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 am
    ----
Still waiting to see some pictures. How big are these birds? Six guys and no one has a picture?

#19: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:54 am
    ----
SJ, strange... but I prefer that, when 6 men are on a hunting trip, nobody is taking pictures... Smile

#20: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
SJ, strange... but I prefer that, when 6 men are on a hunting trip, nobody is taking pictures... Smile

Most of the pics have been catching each other in conpromising positions. My poor Lexi was falling asleep sitting at lunch waiting for us to drop crumbs. Lots of Redheads, a couple Canvas Backs, still some teal up here. We got in to some big old fat norther mallards. There are two mallards and a pretty redhead going on the wall.

The house we are renting looks like a sportiing good store exploded.

www.facebook.com/video...mp;theater

#21: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:28 pm
    ----
Day 4 22 birds.

I slapped a greenwing teal with the 10ga today. It was a funny angle coming at me so when it folded it almost took my sons hat off.

#22: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:13 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
slapped a greenwing teal with the 10ga today.

Was there much left? Nice try attempting to make us believe this is all real with the fake link.

"This content is currently unavailable."

#23: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 pm
    ----
Day 5 23 birds and one tundra swan.

Slim the teal was good because it was a long short, only about 5 #2 shot mostly in the head/ neck/ wing one passed through the body.

I am trying to figure out my phone but it is way smarter than I am.

#24: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 pm
    ----
ND Tundra Swan, 20014

#25: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 pm
    ----
you keep at it Mate..tis a long time between seasons.

#26: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 am
    ----
Thanks, wiersy. There is probably more meat on that one bird than all the dove I shot this season! And you used less ammo doing it.

#27: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:29 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Thanks, wiersy. There is probably more meat on that one bird than all the dove I shot this season! And you used less ammo doing it.

Let me doubt that. I once shot a swan and afterwards I discovered I had plenty of feathers, but no meat to eat...
and I still remember I shot it on December 31st, don't remember the year, our dogs didn't want to get it out of the water, so I did and after 2 yards my cap was the only thing left dry and I had to go home for a bath before I could agree with my own smell...

so now I don't shoot swans anymore Smile
here they say what you learn while being young, you never forget...
I have to agree.

#28: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:02 pm
    ----
wtf Holy crap you shot mother goose......no more bedtime stories for you !!!

#29: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:35 am
    ----
Day 6 39 birds

#30: Re: Heading to North Dakota Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 pm
    ----
Wow!!! you are going to have to take tomorrow off just to clean them! Do you have a couple of giant coolers to take them home with.

-> Waterfowl Hunting