Cabelas
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Cabelas Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 pm
    ----
I took a run to Cabelas today, they are only about 40 minutes from me. They had a good supply of .22LR ammo and even had CCI Mini-mags. They were limiting people to one box, but they were 300 round boxes. I also picked up some .22 WMR which I haven't seen in a while and some Lil Gun powder. They had a decent supply of various powders, but not everything they used to have. No 2400 or Unique.

#2: Re: Cabelas Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 am
    ----
Did you say 2400?

#3: Re: Cabelas Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm
    ----
Hercules Powder Company, boy that brings back memories. I had an uncle that worked in the Hercules plant and lived in Port Chicago, CA. Port Chicago was bought up by the government in the late 60s and the entire town was demolished to form a safety zone around the Concord Naval Weapons Station. It was a major arms shipping port in both world wars, Korean and Vietnam wars. Just how old is that powder?

#4: Re: Cabelas Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm
    ----
Powder age aside Bushy, what exactly does a "Constipation kit" achieve in the reloading room?

This will be an answer to look forward to, or is that look back?

#5: Re: Cabelas Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:21 pm
    ----
Wasn't actually demolished by the govenment. It was blown of the map by a amunition ship hauling black powder that went BOOOM. The ship's starboard anchor was found 10 miles away in the foot hills. Believe it or not...The only building still standing is the church where the middle of town used to be.

The "Constipation Kit" a gift from my oldest son. Consists of a tube of KY jell, Three matches and a stick of dynamite. Guess he figures it might be a windy day.

-> Reloading Ammunition