45 colt bullet diameter
-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests

#1: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: drewzter PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:50 pm
    ----
Only with .45 Colt, .452 will not save. No other diameter except .451 is allowed. Even is I click Misc, save data, it always changes back when I go to another load and return. I have run the patcher and even tried entering a custom bullet in the bulllets file but it still will not allow .452 to stick. Is it just me.

#2: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 pm
    ----
Hang in there mate, Dallan will be along shortly.

#3: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 am
    ----
Part of the problem is the 45 Colt is setup in the calibers database as being .451 diameter. I understand it can vary depending on lead vs jacketed. I thought I fixed it up so that you can fudge around diameters for things... I'll have to take a look.

Internally things are sorted according to diameter so for bookkeeping only, I think we'll want it to remain as is, and allow support for mismatched bullet sizes (this happens alot with muzzleloader data, people shoot 50cal, 45 cal, 44 cal bullets out of a 50 cal barrel for example).

-DallanC

#4: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: drewzter PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:36 pm
    ----
Thanks,

I went ahead and entered a diameter for .452 in the Caliber sheet. and listed .45 colt as a caliber for this new diameter. I left everything as listed in the .451 diameter section of the sheet. It worked. All of the Loads I had already started under my one firearm in that caliber automatically changed to .452.

Will this affect anything else? Did I do that correctly?

#5: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: drewzter PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm
    ----
I also wanted to say that I am in my second year of using the program and i find it quite useful to keep track of my loads. I use a separate spreadsheet to track inventory of components , load ideas, ammo quantities, etc.

Thanks for all of your dedication to the program. I don't hunt currently, mostly shoot Cowboy Action and IDPA plus benchrest. Someday I will try to get me a pig or a deer.

#6: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 pm
    ----
Yes thats fine, as long as you are editing the user version of the calibers db, otherwise the patcher will overwrite it the next time its run.

-DallanC

#7: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: drewzter PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:08 am
    ----
So "save as" with the appropriate file name if I recall correctly?

#8: Re: 45 colt bullet diameter Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 am
    ----
Yup.

There is a strong chance in the near future i'm going to write a editor within pointblank to just add / delete user data within slk files, that would avoid formatting and other issues that crop up.

-DallanC

-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests