Bags are packed and Im ready to go
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:21 am
    ----
Got a P.M. from a mate over on another forum recently inviting me to come along on a fly in trip for the red deer roar/rut was I in???????
does a bear pooh in the woods???
farkin oats Im in Very Happy
well me old mate is a bit hard of hearing (take note you young whippersnappers ,repeated firing of rifles without ear protection will catch up with you)
"Mike can you ring the chopper????"
so yip I rang and penciled in chopper...then got heck of fright at cost,we were thinking $1000 for in and out flight..yeah nah try $800 each way $1600 both ways
so I rang around....$1500 each way!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked

$3500 both ways wtf wtf

so thinking origonal price was okish had yak with 3rd member of the party,we both decided fly in and out was better option,now to convince old bugga
after a bit of umming and ahhhing "yip will do it"
I was telling one of my customers while sowing his fert and he says"hang on a tick...picks up phone...how ya going shag??? got a man here to talk to you" and hands me the phone
got flight in and out for $1550 and hanger is 150kms closer Laughing Laughing Laughing
so that saves us on petrol and best of all 1 1/2 hrs driving

tick tock tick tock
only 8 more days to wait

#2: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:19 am
    ----
Ya luck bugger...I would loooove a deer hunt in NZ mate. How many days is the hunt mate, or is it just a single day? If the hunt is a few days, then $500 a head for the trip in and out is a damn fine deal. Hopefully they can also carry all the meat for you as well.

Have a great hunt mate...and of course we will expect to see the obligatory pics.

#3: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 am
    ----
Go get'um Elvis, have a great time.

#4: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 am
    ----
Have a great time, Elvis. Do go with the pictures, mate. I looked at flights to NZ last night. Wow, I wish they were $500 a head! Even topped your $3500 guy for two.

#5: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:23 am
    ----
I hate people that have all the luck.

Hunt safely and have a ball...

And don't forget your rifle bolts. Very Happy

#6: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
don't forget your rifle bolts.

or bullets!

#7: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:54 am
    ----
Bullets? Cartridges slimjim, cartridges. Or if you wish ammunition.

It's a bit hard to kill anything with just bullets.

[damn Texans anyway]

#8: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 pm
    ----
6x150grn partitions,6x170grn speers and 10x130grn speers already packed,
rifle case sitting on pack waiting to be filled,will recheck zero of scope this weekend,
fly into area 7thApril and out 14th April ( Embarassed thanks Bushy),so I will have a day or 6 to look around.Camera is on list to put in,struggling for room,85ltr pack is chocker but have cunning plan,will transfer my removable day pack bits into my bum bag/belt bag/fanny pack,and that will give me a bit more room in pack,got to get another ltr of white spirits and small bottle of cooking oil (for frying up heart etc)
this is public land and funnily enough I was gazing in direction we are heading into when I was down that way playing tourist with Bec's earlier in the year.

Last edited by Elvis on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 pm
    ----
Your title, isn't that a John Denver song?

but I think he took a jet-plane...

#10: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:04 pm
    ----
March? Don't you mean April or is it a Aussie thing?

#11: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 pm
    ----
thanks Bushy......nearly missed my flight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...but hangon a minute Mad Mad Mad Im no Aussie...Im a KIWI!!!!!! Similar national flag,we fight side by side (almost as much as we take the piss out of each other) but Mate we are two separate countries Very Happy otherwise I would get in the car and round up Tiks,Vince and Gel to come along too
and yes Aloy and that is one of my favorite songs,Annies song by same artist has to be right up with the very best ever made.

#12: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:12 pm
    ----
Peter, Paul and Mary did Leaving on a Jet Plane first, then John.

#13: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:31 pm
    ----
the guys doing it in movie "Armageddon" just before they jump into space shuttle to go off and save the world, got me hooked,the tune got stuck in my brain for weeks,had to go and buy J.D. album so could play song and remove the tune Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#14: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 pm
    ----
Aussie/KIWI...There's a difference? I'll be damned.

Still...Don't forget the "bolts".

#15: Re: Bags are packed and Im ready to go Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm
    ----
Yep...definite difference Bushy...we are Brothers in Arms, but cousins in all other respects. That is the operative word...RESPECT. We like nothing better than taking the p1ss outa one another, but when the chips are down, we stand shoulder to shoulder, back to back.

I gotta organise a trip over to the Land of The Long White Cloud before I get too old to enjoy the trip. Same as I'd love to organise a trip to the US, but it would cost me near on $10K for a couple of weeks, and I don't have that sort of money to throw around.

-> Big Game Hunting